Eleventh day of Christmas

Loretta watched the opera like her mother suggested. And when she got home she turned to Adam "I will NEVER marry you. You have done nothing but annoy me." She said than she turned and stomped up the stairs to her room.

Loretta's mother turned to Adam. "Her birthday is in the morning. Don't let her temper tantrum stop you from your plans." Than she too turned and went up to her room.

Adam stared at the retreating form of Mrs. Kane. And than saw as Leteesha bowed and headed off as well. Leaving only Adam as his parents.

"Well let's hope tomorrow goes better." His mom said as she hooked her arm in her husbands. He nodded his head and lead his wife to their room.

Adam sighed and silently prayed that tomorrow would go better. The gift was delivered to the house while they were at the opera.

~~~~

The morning started like all the rest. Though this time Loretta dreaded getting out of bed. She was getting tired of all the gifts that Adam was giving her. But she had to admit she was also excited, especially for today. She was curious as to what he would give her for this special day.

"Miss Kane" Leteesha said as she entered the room.

"What is it Leteesha?" Loretta asked stretching her arms with a yawn.

"Well I came to bring you your gift." Leteesha said handing out a small box. "It isn't anything special but I hope you will like it."

"Oh Leteesha. Let me see." Loretta said holding out her hand. The years that it was just them Leteesha done everything to make sure Loretta had a special birthday.

Leteesha blushed but walked closer to the bed. She handed the present to her mistress and stepped back. She looked on as Loretta slowly opened the gift.

The wrapping paper revealed a tattered box used for jewelry. And Loretta smiled. She carefully opened the box and saw the most beautiful necklace inside. It was a cross with blue stones.

"Oh Leteesha it's beautiful." Loretta said honestly. Than she got up and hugged her hand maid.

Leteesha hugged her back and was thrilled that Loretta loved the simple gift. "I am glad you like it." She said as she stepped back from the hug. "Would you like me to put it on for you?"

"Yes please" Loretta said turning around. Leteesha clasped the clasp together and waited for Loretta to say something. Loretta walked up to her full length mirror and looked at her reflection. A smile curved her lips and she spun around and looked at Leteesha. "Can you help me dress. I want to show everyone the necklace."

Leteesha nodded and than processed to help Loretta.

~~~

The cooks were busy preparing a huge breakfast for everyone. Today was a special day and they weren't taking any shortcuts.

The master and head mistress along with their guests were sitting in the sitting room sipping coffee and tea.
Adam gathered the presents. He figured right before breakfast was as good of a time as any. Plus he knew this way she would still have to attend the surprise party her parents were planning.

Taking a deep breath he took all the presents to the table. He set them up beside Loretta's chair.

Soon after the food was placed on the table and a servant went to get everyone. Adam decided to just take his seat and wait.

His mother and Loretta's mother came in first followed closely by their husbands. Than Loretta came. She was beautiful. Dressed in a light blue silk gown with her hair pinned up. A blue stoned cross hung around her neck and Adam could help but stare.

And he didn't miss the way her eyes shone as she looked at the gifts around her chair. But sadly that was quickly covered as a frown formed. She stomped towards the chair and with out carefully picking up the box she roughly picked it up and threw it across the room. Adam went to say something but the sound of the gift shattering made Loretta stop. She had already broke five of the gifts. And as Adam's eyes landed on her again he saw her look at the other wrapped presents. She leaned down and carefully picked up one. This time she took the time to open up the gift. Inside she found a porcelain doll with blonde hair. She was dressed in a yellow sundress with a blue cloak.

Loretta lifted her eyes and met Adam's. He could see she wanted to say something but the words weren't coming out. She stood their as everyone stared at her. The room was silent. And finally without anything said Loretta picked up the other five boxes and carried them out of the room. She quietly went up the stairs and into her room. There she opened the rest of the boxes. They too were porcelain dolls. Each one different. She couldn't help it as the tears came. "What have I done?" She whimpered.

There was a knock on her door and than it opened. "Leteesha please go away." Loretta said not looking to see who was there.

"You will listen to me. And you will listen now." Her mother responded.

>>>>

On the eleventh day of Christmas my betrothed gave to me eleven porcelain dolls, ten fiddlers playing, nine prairie lilies, eight Christmas wreaths, seven opera tickets, six stolen kisses, five golden bracelets, four fur cloaks, three silk gowns, two glass slippers and a diamond engagement ring.

(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(16,820)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)

Well everyone. I believe the next chapter I write will be the final one. 

Thank you all so much for the support. And remember to vote and comment. :)