Seventh day of Christmas

Loretta finished her bath and dressed. The thoughts of the last  kiss Adam gave her was still very vivid in her mind. And as the meeting got started Loretta couldn't stop her mind from all the thoughts of Adam. This made her blush and she excused her self from the meeting claiming she wasn't feeling to well. The women all wished her well and she went back up to her room and flopped on the bed. She tossed and turned most of the night with thoughts of Adam and when morning came she didn't look well at all.

Deciding to try and mask some of the purple under her eyes, Loretta sat at her vanity and began to put make up on. Taking her hair she pinned it up into a messy bun. Than she grabbed a simple dress and headed down the stairs. Tonight was her mothers New Year's Eve party and by Loretta's count she only had five more days trapped here. She would leave. The thoughts of Adam were appalling and she needed to head to the church and pray.

Breakfast was ready and the smell of food made Loretta's stomach growl. The food was amazing and Loretta was going to ask if she could head into town before the party was to start. But her mother had other ideas.

"Loretta please find a gown for the party. You will be spending the day with Adam again. Today we will be showing everyone you are a couple." Her mother said. And Adam's mother agreed. Causing Loretta and Adam to both groan. Adam wanted to head into town to pick up another gift for Loretta. He had it all planned out but now how could he go get them?

"With all do respect. I would like to go into town." Adam said.

"Fine than. Take Loretta and her hand maid with you." His mother replied.

Nodding his head and hiding his frown he agreed to taking the two women. Breakfast ended and Loretta waited for Leteesha to fetch their cloaks.

"My intention wasn't to make you come with me." Adam whispered to Loretta.

"I know. I too wanted to go to town. If you want to do your own thing. I would like to head to the church." Loretta whispered back. Their parents were watching the pair like hawks. Leteesha finally made it to them and soon the three of them were getting into the carriage.

"I have asked the driver to stop at the church. Would you like me to wait for you out here or would you mind if I left for a short time?" Adam asked Loretta.

"You can leave. Where will you be so Leteesha and I can find you?"

"Don't worry about that. I shouldn't be long. If you don't mind I will come in when I am back."

"Alright." Was Loretta's response and the ride fell silent.

<~><~>

After town the trio headed back to the house to finish preparing for the New Year's Eve party. Much to Loretta's surprise her mother had already set out a gown. A gown that Loretta wasn't familiar with.

A knock on the door revealed Leteesha. "Mistress Helen has asked me to help you get ready."

"Yes of course." Loretta said turning her back to Leteesha. Leteesha didn't hesitate and helped her undress. Than helped her into the blue silk gown.

"Leteesha do you know where mom got this gown?" Loretta asked curiously.

"Miss Kane. This was a gift from master Bowtrel." Leteesha said as she finished doing up the gown. Than Loretta sat and Leteesha began to do her hair. Both women silent.

(-)(-)

The guests came in groups and party carried on. Half an hour before midnight Adam took Loretta's hand and lead her to a table. "Loretta I know you are still upset with me. But please let me make it up to you." Adam said as he helped her to sit. Than he sat also.

"And why should I? You have continued to make your presence known. I have told you. I do not wish to marry you." Loretta thought she saw sorrow flash behind his eyes and a pang of guilt formed. The priest had told her to follow her heart. And her heart was telling her strange things.

"I know you have said this. Yet I wish to show you that I am not a bad man."

"Mr. Bowtrel please stop. I don't wish to hear anymore. I am obligated to remain here till the stroke of midnight. Than I shall retire to my room. So until than I will be polite."

Adam smiled and reached into his jacket pocket and took ok a small long box. "Than please accept this gift."

Just as Loretta was to say something her mother appeared. "What is it?" She asked looking at the box.

Loretta rolled her eyes and opened the box. Inside revealed seven opera tickets. Loretta silently counted the family. Her parents (2) his parents (2) herself and him (2) and Leteesha. (1)
She smiled. "I accept these tickets, under one condition."

Adam looked at her closely. "What is your condition?"

"That our parents and Leteesha also come. That is all seven tickets used."

Adam smiled widely. "Deal."

Her mother cheered and the party went on.

~~~~

"Five! Four! Three! Two! One! Happy New Year!" Everyone cheered and Adam leaned over and kissed Loretta's cheek. She blushed a deep red and dashed up the stairs. Just like she said she would. She stayed there locked in and away from all the drinking. But this left her alone with her thoughts and they were about Adam still.

~~~~

On the seventh day of Christmas my betrothed gave to me seven opera tickets, six stolen kisses, five golden bracelets, four fur cloaks, three silk gowns, two glass slippers and a diamond engagement ring.

()()()()()()()()()(13,107)()()()()()()()()()

Thank you again everyone. And sorry for the wait. Hope you all enjoy :)