Confession

The horse ride to the church didn't take very long, and Loretta hopped off and tied the horse then went inside. The familiar feeling of  being watched and the scents of incense watched over her. She instantly felt relaxed and a home. The school smelt similar. And the nuns made her attend church daily for confessions. And right now Loretta needed someone to talk to.

First, she took a few minutes to pray, asking the Holy Spirit to help her make a good confession.

Walking to the reconciliation room she stepped inside and closed the door. She kneeled behind a screen, and soon the little sliding window opened, and she quickly made the sign of the cross, just as she heard the voice of the priest. "How can I help you my child?" The priest asked.

"Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. My last confession was two days ago and my sin today was arguing with my parents. They have decided to marry me off to a man I do not know. I don't wish to have a husband." Loretta began.

"My child it is an honor to be married and have children." The priest responded.

"Yes father but I wish to make my vows to The Lord and become a servant of god." Loretta added. She felt the tears forming again at the frustration she felt. Did the priest really believe what he said?

"My child, I serve god and my family is parishioners. You can do both by marring and raising children like a good woman should do."

"No father tis not what I want. I am only eighteen. I want to be able to choose a husband. Not have one chosen for me. I want to see the world and becoming a servant of god, I can do that. I can help people."

The priest was silent as he heard the young woman's words. Her words spoke of desperation, and the priest couldn't understand why.

"My child. Your parents only want what is best for you. Are you an only child?" The priest asked. He really wanted to understand, so he could better help the young woman.

"Yes I am." Loretta replied bowing her head.

"My child than I feel you should honor thy parents." The priest replied solemnly.

Loretta didn't feel better with the words the priest had spoken. In fact, they made her more upset than she was before. Why wasn't anyone listening to what she wanted?

"Is there anything my child?" The priest asked.

"No father."

"Than for your penance, please pray two Hail Mary's. The priest replied. He was at a loss and hoped that he would hear from the girl in the coming days. He said a silent prayer of his own.

He heard the girl praying "My God; I am sorry for my sins with all my heart...." She was saying her act of Contrition.

Once her words were done he said his prayer of forgiveness and when he was done.

Loretta answered, "Amen."
The priest then said, "God has forgiven your sins. Go in peace."

"Thanks be to God." Loretta said as she stood to leave the reconciliation box. She was about to leave when she heard the priest say one last thing.
"And let this be an end to this torture you're inflicting upon yourself. If you come to God for mercy, you must trust in it."

"Thank you father." Loretta said as she stepped out into the church. She didn't feel any better but the last words the priest spoke seemed to lighten the mood. He was right. She needed to at least try.

Heading backward out into the cool night air. Loretta unhitched her horse and headed back to her house.

She snuck back inside and made her way back up to her room. Her room was cleaned, and everything was put back in its place. A small fire was going in the hearth, and the heat was a welcoming feeling. Shrugging off her cloak and gown, she kneeled by her bed and prayed once again for forgiveness.
Once complete she slipped into bed and feel asleep.

-------

Leteesha managed to hide just in time. She didn't want Loretta to see that she had been followed.

Hearing the door to the church close Leteesha came out of hiding and quickly followed her mistress once again. She sighed in relief when she watched miss Kane slipped into the house after taking her horse back to the stables.

Do the same thing Leteesha went inside the house threw the servants door in the kitchen? Then she quickly made her way to her room. With the upcoming party, the place was going to be a hectic area, and she knew she would need her sleep.

-------------3, 182----------------------

So everyone only 6,181 more words :)
I can do this.