Sixth day of Christmas

Loretta had forgotten she was wearing the beautiful bracelets until she woke up the next day. Her mother had plans for her and Adam to head to town for supplies. Leteesha was to accompany them.

~~~~~

"Mother this is stupid. I can go to town by myself. I don't need to be chaperoned." Loretta said trying to talk her mother out of sending Adam with her. She wanted to go see Charlotte and the kids.

"No. You need to spend sometime with your betrothed. We will be attending party's and you two will act like a couple." Her mother said annoyance evident in her voice.

"Mother I will not marry him." Loretta stated.

"Loretta Lynn I have told you once I will not tell you again." Her mother said angrily.

Sighing in frustration Loretta stormed out of the room. She went upstairs and grabbed the first cloak she found. She would just go to the orphanage anyways. He can gather the items.

Marching down the stairs Loretta left the house. Leteesha and Adam soon followed. The carriage was already waiting out front. The driver went to help Loretta up into the carriage but Adam waved him off. Taking her hand Adam helped her and Leteesha into the carriage. He was happy to get the chance to spend time with Loretta. He had no presents this time. He was going to respect her wishes. And seeing her in one of the fur cloaks was breath taking. The colour suited her perfectly. And when he helped her into the carriage he saw the golden bracelets still on her dainty wrist.

"Did mother tell you what we needed to get?" Loretta asked Leteesha.

"Mrs. Kane gave me a list." Leteesha replied. Loretta nodded and didn't say another word the whole ride.

----

Getting to town Loretta finally spoke. "I wish to go see Charlotte and the kids."

Adam was hurt but agreed to take her. "I would like to meet them." He said.

Loretta frowned but didn't say anything.

Adam called out to the driver and they headed to the orphanage. The carriage stopped outside and the driver opened the door. Adam hopped out first and helped Loretta out. He placed a kiss on her hand before he let it go. Than he turned and helped Leteesha out. He turned and saw Loretta already heading to the doors.

They spent an hour at the orphanage. And Adam had a lot of fun. It wasn't what he expected at all. He was happy.
Loretta didn't pay much attention to Adam though she couldn't help but smile when the kids threw a snowball at him as they were heading to the carriage. This created a snowball fight and everyone joined in the fun. Out of breath Loretta called out to the kids to stop. "I am sorry guys. We really must go."

"Awwwwww" the kids all said at once.

"I will come back as soon as I can." Loretta promised. As the kids all rushed up to hug the trio. They looked at Adam and said. "Please come back too."

Adam smiled and looked at all the kids. "I will try and come when miss Loretta comes." Loretta didn't protest though she didn't like the idea.

The kids waved bye as the doors closed on the carriage and the driver climbed back on the seat. "Thank you for allowing me to come with you." Adam said to Loretta.

"I didn't have much of a choice now did I?" She snapped at him. They made more stops and gathered the supplies. Adam had kissed her hand again when he helped her out of the carriage.

She went inside ordering a servant to get the stuff from the carriage. She asked where her mother was and went to her. "Your stuff was gathered. I am heading to my room."