12 | Library Clean-Up

Start from the beginning

Mason stared at me with sympathetic eyes, "Liz, it'll be okay. That's the great thing about a 'break'. It means your relationship is just on pause. You guys will be back together and back to normal before you know it,"

"Are you sure?" I sheepishly asked, moving my fingers so he could see my eyes."

He nodded, lightly smiling. "Yes, I'm sure."

"You know, Mason, you're a lot smoother than you think." I smiled back at him before looking over his shoulder at Liam, "Okay.." I breathed.

The two of us stepped back over to Liam, where our eyes met for a few seconds before he continued his explanation.

"I went into the club looking for Hayden, and that's when I saw Josh. Standing there, completely alive." Liam recalled, staring into my eyes.

"So, Josh is one of Theo's creepy chimera pets?" I questioned,

"Yeah, I guess...but I don't understand how he brought back Josh and Hayden." Liam continued, earning a nod from me.

"Well, he brought them both back, that's obviously what he's doing. I don't give a shit how he's doing it, I just wanna know why." I claimed.

"So he's...he's building his own pack?" Mason inquired.

"Yeah, but I already figured that. Even though it is a creepy...disfigured, dead, chimera pack." I contorted my face in disgust.

"Well, they both looked pretty alive to me, but they're not the same. There was something about Hayden. There's something wrong about her.." Liam explains.

"Maybe that's what dying does to you.." Mason proposed, "What if- what if it like, darkens your soul."

"So you're saying they're all like...evil, now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow as the double doors behind us opened, causing the three of us to jump.

"Hey, guys." Corey smiled, walking towards us. "Are you guys volunteering for the library clean-up too?"

"Yeah...yup. Yes." the three of us stammered repeatedly, after exchanging looks. We all faked a few smiles, before Corey nodded and took off towards the library.

"Wow, he's so evil. First volunteering, what's next? Helping strays find homes?" I whispered, faking a shocked expression, before walking backwards toward the library. I smiled as I spun around, catching up to Corey as we entered the library.

This is gonna be a long day.

After around 15 minutes of organizing books, I grabbed one and slid down one of the bookcases. Mason grabbed another stack of books, and walked over to Corey, causing me to lightly smile.

I looked down at the book I grabbed. It was about supernatural myths.

"Working hard I see.." Liam joked from above me, as he sat down next to me. I nodded as I skimmed through a few pages of the book,

"Liz, you can't be mad at me forever.." he spoke again, causing me to look at him.

"You're right, I can't. And I'm not." I acknowledged, "I'm already over that, most of us are."

I turn back to my book before he snatches it out of my hands, "Then, what's wrong?"

"Give that back to me, Liam." I caution, staring at him.

"No. Not until we talk." he announces.

"There's nothing to talk about." I clarify,

"Really? So you're not upset with me?" he questions, causing me to shake my head. "Okay, then you haven't been ignoring every text and call that I've sent you since I attacked Scott?"