Chapter 28: Dodging the Attacks

Edit by EL_Vader

"Casey? Casey, are you still there?" Donatello demands, not liking the dead silence on the other end of the line.

"Donnie, what happened?" Sarina inquires, looking up from her microscope.

The purple-masked turtle shakes his head, swiftly setting up the tracking system on their phones as he looks to his white-haired girlfriend.

"Casey's in trouble. He said something about the Necromancer," he mutters. "I've got to tell the others."

The cyborg ditches her current project and follows after him as he dashes into the living room, seeing his family scattered around the living room. Raphael and Annalise play video games together while Leonardo, Michelangelo, and Destiny play Monopoly nearby.

"Guys, distress call from Casey," Donnie calls. "Something about the Necromancer."

They stop their activities instantly, eyes going wide with worry and fear. Destiny gets to her feet, flapping her wings as her tail flicks.

"Where is he?" she demands.

"I'm tracking his phone. Coordinates should show up in-" Donnie's phone beeps and he smirks. "Now. I'll send them to your t-phones."

"I'll come with you, Des," Raph offers, getting up as he glances towards his orange-masked brother. "Yo Mikey, do me a favour and kick your girlfriend's butt at Smash Bros for me, okay?"

"You got it, bro!" Mikey says, launching upwards and settling next to Annalise in front of the TV.

"You wish," the blonde mutters, rolling her shoulders in anticipation.

Leo pouts a little as he gestures to the game board in front of him. "Aw, but I was winning!"

"I will play, Leonardo!" Sarina offers.

Raph and Destiny grab their weapons and head out of the lair, leaving their family behind as they head to find their friend.

----------

Zilla moves down the street, trying to find Casey. She can't just leave it like that. She was being difficult again, something she's fully aware of. The least she can do is apologize to him.

She stops dead in her tracks as she notices a dark shape circling in the sky. A hawk, she realizes, but not a normal one. Her eyes narrow and she races forwards, evading the streetlight beams easily as she heads for the rooftops.

She follows after the strange bird as it soars north, her eyes narrowed in determination. The bird swoops lower and lower towards the rooftops, his shadowy form moving swiftly through the nighttime sky.

She stops abruptly as the hawk alights on the antlers of a stag made of the same sort of shadow. A dreadful feeling overwhelms her when she sees two more creatures; a lioness and a panther. What's weirder, she swears that she can hear whispers coming from the group of animals.

The stag shakes his coat and snorts in annoyance. The hawk flaps his wings a few times and adjusts his stance on the deer's antlers.