Chapter ten: The Great Dragon to the rescue

Start from the beginning

His best friend was dying in Arthur’s arms and it was their fault.

Gwaine couldn’t care less if they were both women.

They are evil and should both die for hurting Merlin the way they did and leaving him to die.

Gwaine wasn’t in as much pain as earlier and compared to Merlin he looked great. Gwaine felt himself wanting to cry as he watched the prince talking to Morgana and as Morgana walked away Arthur began to cry again.

Gwaine had never seen Arthur care so much before until now. It was clear Arthur cared just as much about Merlin as he did.

He just hoped one of them could save him before it was too late, before Gwaine and Arthur lost their best friend forever.

Merlin’s POV

Merlin felt himself being moved a little bit but he didn’t know why. ‘Merlin’ he heard his name being whispered.

Merlin moved a little to just about hear Arthur’s voice saying, ‘Merlin I know you are still here with us’.

‘Merlin I am coming, hold on’ Merlin heard a voice in his mind but he couldn’t make out whose voice it was.

Merlin struggled to open his eyes but he managed to do it. He found himself looking up at Arthur who smiled at him and he found himself smiling back.

‘Arthur’ Merlin said.

‘Merlin you don’t know how much it means to hear your voice’ Arthur smiled.

‘I think I do’ laughed Merlin but he felt pain in his stomach and head.

‘Take it easy Merlin’ said Arthur.

‘Can you hear that’ said Gwen looking up at the trees.

Merlin began to listen to make out rustling noise from above but before he could say it most likely just the wind a few crunch noises burst into his ears causing more pain in his head.

As Merlin looked up he watched in shock and amazement as the Great Dragon came through the trees heading straight towards them landing directly in the middle of the camp.

Morgana and Morgause were both in shock but shot to their feet and got out the way just as the dragon landed where they had been a few seconds ago.

‘Is that the dragon you said I had killed?’ Arthur shouted at Merlin.

Merlin gripped onto Arthurs arm, ‘I don’t feel so good’

Arthur angry look vanished as he looked at Merlin.

‘Merlin’ said Arthur clearly not caring about the dragon any more.

The dragon came towards the cage and blew the lock of with fire.

‘Arthur I need you to trust me when I say I can save Merlin’ said the great dragon.

‘Why should I trust you’ said Arthur.

‘I just unlocked your cage. I’m on your side and I am close with Merlin’ said the great dragon.

‘Arthur trust him as I trust him I will explain what is happening later’ said Merlin as he blacked out.

Arthur’s POV

Arthur got out the cage carrying Merlin in his arms, ‘I trust you what do you need me to do’.

‘I need you all to get on my back. Get Merlin on first help Gwaine I am sure Gwen can get on herself. I will keep the two witches at bay’ said the great dragon.

Arthur couldn’t believe he was being ordered by a dragon but this was the only way to save Merlin’s life and for some reason Merlin trusted this dragon.

He put Merlin onto the dragons back before he went over to Gwaine and untied him. As they got back to the dragon Gwen was on the dragon too.

They both climbed on before the dragon flied up towards the sky. Arthur watched below seeing a angry Morgana and Morgause standing there like lemons.

‘How can you save Merlin?’ Arthur asked the dragon.

‘All in good time my prince but first maybe I should explain. They took Merlin’s magic but they did not know that Merlin is a dragon lord. In normal circumstances those powers would have gone too but Merlin is a power warlock and dragon lord and while losing all his dragon lord powers and magic he in tapped into a new power he did not know he had’ said the great dragon.

‘What is it?’ asked Gwaine.

‘He managed to send a signal to me, as well as how he was feeling. I felt Merlin’s pain and he also sent me a signal letting me know where he was. Merlin and I can now talk to each other within our minds’ said the great dragon.

‘So that is why you showed up’ said Gwen.

‘In this particular occasion yes but normally Merlin would summon me’ said the great dragon.

‘Warlock as well as a dragon lord anything else Merlin was hiding?’ asked Gwaine.

‘That he protects Arthur as it is his destiny to do so’ smiled the great dragon.

Arthur didn’t quite know how to take this all but for now the great dragon had come to the rescue and he was very grateful of that.

End of chapter ten

-------------------------

One last chapter to go and i already wrote it let me know if you want ti right now or want to wait a day lol