Chapter ten: The Great Dragon to the rescue

Merlin’s POV

Merlin felt terrible. He could barley understand what was happening.

He couldn’t tell if he was awake or a sleep, maybe even dead. He heard voices but they didn’t really make much sense to him. All he could see was darkness but all he could feel was pain.

Merlin wanted to wake up because he knew Arthur, Gwen and Gwaine are in danger.

He may not have his magic but that was not going to stop him saving his friends. It would not stop Merlin trying to wake up and help his friends even if he was in a lot of pain.

Arthur’s POV

Arthur was in the cage looking down at his friend who had just passed out in his arms. He felt hot tears coming down his face and he wiped them away with his left hand as his right arm was around Merlin to support his friend’s weight.

Gwen was crying into his shoulder and he didn’t know what to do. He was stuck in a cage with his best friend and the one he loves waiting for his best friend’s death to rip his heart out before he found himself and Gwen’s life being taken too.

Arthur knew that was what was to come. No one knew where they were. Even if they are looking for him he knew it would be too late.

‘Gwen what are we to do’ Arthur said to her.

Gwen wiped her tears away looking at him, ‘I don’t know Arthur we somehow have to get Merlin help. We cannot just watch him die’.

Arthur nodded at her not trusting himself to speak right now. They needed to come up with a plan but he needed to think. Arthur knew the more time he took Merlin’s life inches closer to death.

Any normal person would most likely be dead already with the amount of blood lost but Merlin was not any normal person.

Arthur had known for some time that Merlin was different. Merlin had something about him that kept him going. Merlin had always stood by  Arthur’s side and it was now his turn to do that right now.

Arthur knew Merlin would keep on going until the very end. Arthur knew if Merlin stayed alive for a while longer he would be alright.

Arthur just had to make sure he could get him help as soon as humanly possible. Arthur couldn’t believe those two women could do such a thing to Merlin.

Merlin didn’t deserve any of this and they had even taken away his magic. Arthur was still trying to get use to that but it was clear magic meant a lot to Merlin and now he didn’t have that.

‘Hey Morgana why didn’t you just tell me’ said Arthur.

Morgana looked over with evil eyes before she stood up and approached the cage, ‘I was scared Arthur and Uther will never change’ she spat.

‘How could you turn so heartless? How can you just stand there and watch Merlin die’ said Arthur.

‘I do not care what you think Arthur to be quite honest. Merlin will die if you like it or not. Don’t worry you will follow soon after’ she sneered.

‘You are not Morgana anymore, she was lost when you joined with her’ said Arthur pointing over at Morgause.

‘Do not speak about my sister in that way’ said Morgana.

‘I will speak to her or about her however I like you are going to kill me anyway’ said Arthur.

Morgana turned around and went to join her sister again clearing not to bothered by Arthur’s words.

Gwaine’s POV

Gwaine had been tied to the tree as the cage was to crammed now. If Gwaine ever got out of this he was going to kill Morgana and Morgause for doing that to Merlin.