Andrew laughed. "Well too bad cause we are doing it." He retorted, his left hand landed on my back as we started moving to the slow music playing in the background. I sighed and placed my head on his shoulder before closing my eyes.

           We fell into a silent that neither of us wanted to break, preferring to just stay in this very moment where nothing had to be said, words swallowed down as it was sure to hang heavy above us the second they came out.

          "Darcy?" Annnndddd that was that. At least it was nice while it lasted. I nodded, my head moving on his shoulder as kept my eyes closed. Andrew sighed. "You know he doesn't deserve you right?"

           I kept silent and listened to his smooth voice while he spoke directly into my ear. "You deserve way more than what he's offering and I am not talking about money, I'm talking about here." He pulled away for a second so that he could point a finger at my chest.

           I could feel my eyes watering and decided that it would be best if I didn't look at him. "Charlotte look at me," with a finger under my chin, he raised my head so that our eyes could meet. He smiled.

           "You are going to be ok. You understand? Sooner or later, you'll realize that all that you've been through was meant to help you become the person you are meant to be."

          I laughed as I shook my head. He still had his finger underneath my chin to stop me from looking anywhere other than at him. "It doesn't feel that way." My voice broke. We had stopped dancing and were just standing in the middle of the dance floor while the few other people still present moved around us as if we weren't even there.

            "I know it doesn't but rest assured that a few months from now, you'll look back at all of this and see that it makes sense." He replied. I finally nodded and gave him a reassuring smile that said, I believe you.

_____________________

( Darcy's POV )

         From my place in the backseat of the SUV, I watched through the darkly tainted window as Charlotte stood by herself with a smile on her face and waved goodbye to the last people who were finally leaving the wedding venue.

          "Sir, should I drive up?" The driver asked, pulling me out of my trance. I took a second as I debated on the subject. I really was tempted to say yes, after all what was the harm in that? But that couldn't possibly happen.

           "No, it is quite alright. Stay here for a bit." I answered the gentleman currently occupying the driver seat of the vehicle and then went back to staring at Charlotte's silhouette into the night, Illuminated only by the very few dim lights outside. With both hands resting on her hips, she waited until the last vehicle had left before turning around and making her way back inside.

            I had yet to determine the reason of my presence there since I had sworn that I would not set foot anywhere she was present yet there I was. Would that be categorize as spying?

            I had an urge, I had to admit. An urge to step out of this vehicle and go after her. But then what? What would I do next? What would happen when she'd turn to face me? Would the rage that had consumed me for the past few month resurface, or would I be taken back to the reason why I had fallen in love it her in the first place?

           "Ah, bloody hell." I cussed under my breath as I squeezed my eyes shut before addressing the driver. "Let's get out of here." I told him, pinching my nose as the irritation that was the situation started to build up in me.

           I looked towards the venue one last time as we pulled into traffic, Charlotte already long gone inside.

         Those were very conflicting times for me as I found myself missing Charlotte terribly, but the second my mind wandered back to what she had done, all my feeling suddenly shifted.

           It was best if she and I stayed away from one another as I didn't think I would be able to forgive her for what she had done. She betrayed me, the only person I had let close to my heart. The only woman I had only truly cared for.

           I was weak enough to let her in, to open myself up to her and that unfortunately was my mistake.

          Would I ever be able to forgive her? Well at this very moment, that was very unlikely to happen but who knew, maybe only time would tell. Maybe when the time came, I would be able to forgive and even forget. To let go and put it past me. But now, now really wasn't that time.

___________________

Don't forget to vote and comment because you know it means a lot to me.

K, byeeeeee 😊 😄