Love Making

Chapter 40

                ( Darcy's POV )

         The expression on her face changed the moment Our eyes met as she looked up from her phone's screen. The smile that was dancing there a second ago disappeared. She rolled her eyes and walked passed me, heading towards the elevator.

"You have some nerves showing up here." She said as she kept walking.

"Rose, just listen." I started.

"I don't want to talk to you, Darcy."

Well that was to be expected. I turned around in her direction as I spoke. "For Christ sake, Rose, stop."

"What are you doing here?" She asked but kept her eyes glued to the closed doors of the elevator.

"I need you to give Charlotte something for me." I approached her with the folder in my hand which I extended towards her. She looked to the side at me.

"What is it?" She asked as she pulled it none too gently from my hand. I let it go.

"It's the paperwork for the penthouse. I had everything transferred to her name a week ago and I just got them back. She opened the folder as she glanced over it for a few seconds, flipping through the loose papers before closing the folder.

"I'll hand them over to her." she said as the elevator dinged and the doors opened. Rose waited for the women inside to step out before she walked in, nodding at them as they smiled at us both.

"How is she doing?" I asked, getting  in after her.

She huffed, glaring at me. "You broke her heart two weeks ago, how do you think she is?" She questioned me and then quickly kept talking. "Actually, don't answer that. She's great, doing fantastic. If you must know."

Ah shit! What was I supposed to respond to that. I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry." I said sincerely. She rolled her eyes at me as the elevator came to a full stop and then opened up. She walked out.

"I warned you not to hurt her and what did you do the second you got the chance? Broke her fucking heart."

I ran after her. "I didn't mean for any of it to happen, you have to believe that I would rather cut my fucking balls than to hurt her." She stopped and turned around to face me.

"Then I would advise you to cut them then sew them back on and then cut them again because you're a dick." She crossed her arms.

I nodded, running my fingers in my hair. "Okay, I guess I deserve that."

"You know what upsets me the most, is that I actually thought you'd be good for her_" she started but I cut her off.

"I was good for her. Believe it or not but I care deeply for Charlotte."

She laughed. "You have such a great way of showing that."

This was going nowhere and I needed to head to work. "Just give her the papers for me, please." I told her and started walking away from Rose who stood still right there in the middle of the lobby.

_____________________

( Charlotte's POV )

             "Hey Char, I got something for you." Rose said as she threw something on me and jumped on the bed next to me. I lifted the cover off my face and squeezed my eyes shut against the light piercing through the huge glass windows.

"What is this?" I asked her, grabbing the yellow folder off the bed and opened it.

"It's the paperwork for the penthouse." she answered, putting her feet under the covers.