Lust And Embarrassment

Chapter 29

(Charlotts POV )

          "Christian, this is Charlotte," Bianca started as we stopped in front of Chris who was now wearing a smile on his face.

           "How bad do you hate me right now?" I asked him while I moved to give him a hug, ignoring the confusion Bianca was spotting on her face.

            "Am I missing something here?" She asked as I held on to Chris to give him the biggest hug possible.

           "We know each other already." he answered her as he finally let me go. Then to me he simply said. "I don't hate you Charlotte, just a little annoyed but I guess you can make it up to me."

           I started laughing before lifting myself on my tippy toes to place a kiss on his cheek. He smelled good. He always did.

            "How about I take you out for lunch?" I asked as he placed a hand around my neck.

           "How about you let me take you out for lunch?" He asked. I shrugged, well nothing wrong with free food since I was broke as hell, which reminded me that I still had Darcy's card that somehow I had forgotten to give back. But now that we weren't together anymore, I didn't think it was alright to use it so I was back to square one; broke and alone but at least these two could be fixed....hopefully soon.

            "Well, since you guys already know each other, my job here is done." Bianca was saying. "Charlotte, I guess I'll see you in a few weeks at the start of your employment." She said before we shook hands and a moment later she turned around in her high heels and was gone.

           Chris and I just stood there in the middle of the empty hall just staring at each other. I had never fully let myself look at him since I was with Darcy, but now that I was pretty much free, it was like the veil suddenly lifted and I was seeing him for the first time and he just looked so Darn delicious standing here in front of me.

           I laughed in embarrassment, maybe a little at how quickly my mind just went there with no shame. I had to get myself together, I had just literally broken up with someone, although it could easily be argued that the fact of the matter was that I wasn't in a relationship really, at least from Darcy's stand point.

           So did that give me the okay to just go ahead and start devouring this deliciousness that was Christian right there in plain eye sight? Maybe so....maybe so!

           "Uhm, Charlotte," I heard coming from him so I shook my head a little to get out of my trance and looked up to find him smiling.

           "Uh, what?" I asked as I frowned, really not understanding the purpose of his face.

          "Were you just now undressing me with your eyes?" Cocky smile on his face and all.

           Oh Jesus, I felt my face getting hot in a matter of second. Oh I was blushing...yup I was definitely blushing and it didn't help that my lighter skin showed this emotion very well. I looked at the floor.

           "No, I wasn't." I tried to salvage little dignity I had left. I looked up at him again because he hadn't responded to my lie.

           Well, I really should have braced myself for what was in front of me. His green eyes now totally serious and completely focused on me, bore into my own as if seeking something. The smile that was once on his face was replaced by something else entirely.

           Was it lust? I didn't dare to dig deeper, somehow scared of what I might find underneath it all. And now as I looked at the floor a second time, it was for an entirely different reason. The reason being that just him looking at me that way was waking in me something I thought only Darcy would ever be able to awaken.

          It was lust and oh heck I was lusting after Christian. Oh well!

           "What?" I nervously laughed as I tried to distract myself from this intense situation as I started kicking my left foot slightly up and down.

          "Nothing," he responded. "You were just staring at me like I was a piece cake. And I wanted to say that I didn't mind you sexualizing me this way."

Oh fuck!!!

********************

( Darcy's POV )

           As I sat there in front of my computer and my hands started to move on the keyboard to quickly log into the account of the card I had given to Charlotte, I kept telling myself that it wasn't to check on her whereabouts, just more so to make sure she had paid for her classes since they were starting in only a few weeks.

            Nothing, no transactions, just like expected. I knew she wouldn't, she was just way too stubborn for her own good, but if she wasn't going to do it herself, nothing stopped me from doing it for her. No matter what, Her classes would be paid in full. She could hate me later for it.

           I got up from the seat and grabbed my keys off the desk with the full entent of going to her school to talk to anyone from the financial aid office, in hope that someone could let me know how I would go about assuring that her schooling was paid in full every semester. I had promised her I was going to help her pay for school, and I was going to hold on to this promise whether she liked it or not, even if it was the last thing I did.

           "Bridget, I'm heading out for a bit." I informed my assistant as walked out of my office. She got up.

          "Oh okay, where are we going?" She asked already looking around for her purse.

           "Not US, just me. Transfer only the most important calls to my phone. Anything else can wait until I get back."

          "Oh," she said as she frowned a little, which I caught but decided not to speak on it. "Where are you going?"

            "I have a few things to take care of. I shall not be long." I told her while walking away towards the elevator that had been kept open by one of my employees who happened to be going down.

____________________

(Charlotte's POV )

           "I'm serious, Charlotte, I don't know if I want to take you out anymore. I'm scared that the minute I turn my head, you'll just vanish." I started laughing as I was listening to Chris who held the door of the building open for me to walk out of.

           "I'm sorry," I said. "If it makes you feel any better I did feel shitty about it after I talked to Rose."

          "Only when you talked to Rose? So I didn't even matter before then?" He smiled to let me know that he didn't mean it.

            "Oh gosh, I was just in a really wierd head space because of..." My words trailed as I looked ahead of me to find Darcy walking towards me while looking all handsome and powerful and dark and gorgeous and Oh God, was it possible that I already missed him? I stopped walking.

         "Darcy..." I whispered, the words coming out of me like my last breath. Next to me, Chris started laughing not realizing who I was referring to.

          "Uhm, what?" He replied as he stood next to me, watching me watch the person who was now barely ten feet away from me.

          I held in my breath as he stood in front of me smelling like Darcy, looking like a billion bucks. "Charlotte." He said in his domineering voice. I swallowed.

______________________

Don't forget to vote and comment of you enjoy the story. y'all :)