The Proposal

Chapter 4

"Morning."

I mumbled, walking out of my room and making my way straight to the kitchen and fridge for a bottle of water and something to fill my stomach. I caught a glimpse of Rose sitting at the dining table with a cup of coffee in hand and a plate of buttered toast in front of herself.

The room smelled of freshly brewed coffee and sunshine -- as if that were a thing.

"When did you come in?" I asked, opening the fridge to retrieve the water bottle, which I gulped down as if my life depended on it.

"Just now, actually. I forgot a change of clothes, and Mr. Boo had some business to take care of this morning." Rose turned slightly to face me, a smile displayed on her face. She looked well fucked, but most of all, she looked happy. Her light blue eyes were a little brighter than usual.

"You look like you had a good night," I smiled, threw the empty bottle in the recycling bin, and moved to the bread area. "Are you seeing him again tonight?" I asked her.

"The best freaking time." her face brightened. "And yup, he's taking me out for dinner. Since we're on the subject, have you decided if you were going to see Darcy tonight?" She asked, not wasting a breath. I knew she would bring it up sooner or later.

In all honesty, he was the only thought on my mind since the car dropped me off at home last night; I couldn't sleep until past four in the morning.

It really was a miracle I was currently awake. Not that I didn't want to go, it was for the simple fact that something told me I would be walking into the lion's den if I were to go on this date.

Darcy intrigued me very much, and not many people did. I wanted to know more about him. He came off as very reserved -- someone who usually never shared too much of himself.

From what I heard so far, he was a mystery, one I itched to uncover. What if I was making myself vulnerable to something out of my control by accepting to see him?

I knew inviting someone to dinner didn't mean much most of the time, but what if it did this time? A man doesn't just ask a woman to dinner after sending her a very... naughty message without wanting something from her.

"I don't think I should go, Rosie."

"Why?" She frowned. Well, pretty much everything I just thought, just not out loud.

"I don't think it's a good idea."

"But why? I mean, what could possibly be the reason you have?" She got up with her cup to go get herself a refill. She didn't look mad; after all, why would she? She seemed more so curious, and I didn't blame her. It wasn't every day that a billionaire hottie invited you to dinner.

"Because I don't know what he wants." If I were honest with myself, I would admit some part of me knew exactly what he wanted, and what was scarier was the more significant part of me wanting it to happen, whatever that might be.

Rose came back to the table with a cup full of coffee, which gave me a chance to wonder how she could even call that warm milk coffee when the creamer to coffee ratio was really on the high side, truly inequivalent. Did she really want to drink coffee or creamer? I shook my head.

"Shouldn't that be a reason why you actually go? See what he wants from you. You never know, you might be interested." She retorted.

She did have a point there. I would never know what Darcy wanted unless I actually went, and if I wasn't interested in anything he had to say, I could never see him again.