Accidentally On Purpose

Start from the beginning

         I wondered if Darcy thought about it too. He had promised me that he would ask as soon as the baby was born and honestly, I couldn't wait. Something inside me really believed that the child wasn't his and if that was actually the case, then there really was no reason why he had to be responsible for it. I was pretty sure it had a dad, just not Darcy.

         But after this accident, I just didn't want Jemma to manipulate him into forgetting the DNA test altogether. I wouldn't have put it past her to do that.

        I shook my head as I heard the nurse speak.

         "Okay, please follow me right this way," she got up and walked around her desk towards the double doors only a few feet away from us.

         "Come on, Char." He said, extending his arm towards me so that I could grab it. We then followed the nurse.

           "Hey Darcy, maybe you should go in by yourself. She's already feeling bad enough as it is, I don't want her to feel even worse seeing me." I stopped in front of the door and let go of Darcy's hand.

         "Are you sure?" He asked and I nodded.

         "Yeah, she needs you right now and I'll be right here when you need me." I smiled as I lifted myself on my toes and leaned on him to give him a quick kiss.

        "Thanks, babe." he replied before walking into the room Jemma was currently occupying.

________________

( Darcy's POV)

          Jemma was laying on the hospital bed with a doctor and a nurse attending to her when I walked. I looked over at her to see tears running down her cheeks as she cried in agony.

        "Hey, Jemma, it's okay. I'm here." She opened her eyes slowly when she heard my voice as I grabbed her hand off the bed and held it in mine.

         "James, James, it hurts so much and I'm so scared, I don't want anything to happen to my baby." She cried even more, her face the picture of terror while she stared into my eyes as if I had the solution to her problem. As if only I could take her pain away. I shook my head. At that moment, I wished I did, I wished I could help her beyond just standing there and holding her hand.

           "It's going to be okay. You and the baby will be fine." I smiled reassuringly to help ease her and then looked at the doctor who was currently sitting in front of Jemma's opened legs.

           "Doctor, how is she doing?" I asked and tried very hard to rid my voice of any fear. I needed to not be at all emotional if I was to be there for Jemma who was not only in pain, but looked terrified.

         "Well she's about to have this baby right now. Thank God the fall hasn't been detrimental to the baby in any way, it only just kicked in the labor process, she really was lucky." She answered as Jemma cried out.

         I glanced her way and held tightly to her hand. She looked like she was in so much pain and I hated seeing her like this because once upon a time, even though I was young and didn't know much about love or even life, before my father showed me love was nothing but a word thrown around by the weakest, before he took the life of two of his kids, I had looked at this girl and swore that one day, I would marry her and take her away from this shit hole we lived in.

____________________

( Charlotte's POV )

          "So have you heard anything yet?" Rose asked over the phone.

         "No, not yet. I'm still sitting in the waiting room." I answered her as I looked around me for the hundredth time to see if Darcy was approaching.

         "How long have you been there?"

           I shrugged then realized she couldn't see me. "I don't know how long I've been here honestly. I'm just waiting on Darcy now." And as if it was his cue to appear, Darcy strode into the waiting area. I got up. "Rose, I gotta go." I said and then hang up. He stood in front of me, looking drained.

       "What happened?" I asked.

        Hands on his hips. "She had the baby, although there was a little complication," he started.

        "Oh no, is everything alright?"

          He nodded. "She had an hemorrhage, started bleeding like crazy but the doctors were able to stop it and now she's resting," he explained, then smiled. "Do you want to see the baby?" He asked.

         I nodded as I smiled back. "Where is he?"

           He looked behind himself and then back at me then pulled me in for a hug. "Thank you for being here with me." He whispered into my ears.

          "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else." He then pressed his lips on mine as we embraced.

_____________________

Thanks guys :) vote and comment. Much love ❤