Sanada vs Ryoma = memories

Ryoma's POV:

My brain perked up at that familiar name, before realizing that it was the opponent I would have faced in the Kanto Finals.

Before I could answer, another closed eyes guy walked to Yukimura.

"Seiichi, are you sure you want Echizen to face Sanada? It would be bad, you know," he said.

"I'm still here, people," I muttered under my breath. Grabbing my favorite red racket, I slugged it over my shoulder, and replied.

"Why not. I've been wanting to play tennis since I woke up anyways. And I do want to become a regular here, after all," I said over my shoulder. By standers gasped, and soon, as I walked to the other side of the court, the area surrounding it was filled with students, with the space around Yukimura and the closed eyes dude empty, of-course. Yukimura seemed more scary than Tezuka.

Sanada, the person who's my opponent, looked at me, and tossed me the ball.

"Serve," he said shortly, stoic. I raised my eyebrows at his similarity to Tezuka-Buchou, and performed my signature shot, the Twist Serve. It bounced violently on the other side, but still, Sanada Fukubuchou returned it easily. I will be so exhausted after this, I thought, even if I don't pass the half-way mark...

And that's when the "light speed" rally started. Let's just say, that my 3 year private training in the US paid off. Not only has no one got a single point, it has been 15 minutes already. Finally, I performed a variation of the cyclone smash, dubbed the Tornado Spin, and took a point.

"Is that the best you can do, Sanada-sempai?" I tried to taunt him, as the umpire called out "15-love". "Is this how you lost in the Kanto Finals to Fuji-sempai too?"

Sanada shot me an icy glare, before tossing the ball up in the air, and smashing it towards me. I merely smirked.

"That serve lost it's glory after Buchou used it in grade 9," I muttered to myself. "Copy-cat."

Sanada looked at me, surprised.

"Seiichi never used that move," he said, puzzled. I widened my eyes, and remembered that the regulars at Rikkai Dai never saw me before. "So what do you mean?"

"Hai, hai! The only other person who know that move is Tezuka-senpai!" Kirihara yelled.

I was glad that my long black hair covered my eyes, because they were panicking. I gritted my teeth at my stupid mistake, and took that time to pull off my new developed move, the Tiger Claw. It arched over the net, touch the ground briefly, and shot back at the net, making a swishing sound. Sanada gave me a death glare, and visibly winced as the umpire person shouted 30-love. Narrowing his eyes, Sanada performed the Forest. I widened my eyes, before smirking and smashing it back.

"Tezuka-senpai taught me how to nullify it," I said with a wide smile. Sanada just said nothing, and hit back, calling out the word Lightning.

My eyes narrowed into dangerous slits when I saw how fast and violent Lightning bounced pass me.

"15-love!"

I breathed a breath of frustration. Tezuka-buchou told me about his annoying Lightning. That was how he lost to Sanada in grade 8 in the National Finals. I wonder how they're doing... Fuji-senpai and Tezuka Buchou were like real brothers to me, unlike that idiot Ryoga. And that's when I remembered Ryoga's Triple Super Duper Electric Shock Explosion. I just call it the Triple Shock. As Sanada did the Lightning again, I tested out the Triple Shock.

But......Unlike what I've predicted, the tennis ball bounced violently, nearly broke my racket, and nearly gave me a bruise.

"Ha! Not so cocky any more, huh brat?" a gleeful third year said with a sharp laugh. "You put him in his place, fukubouchou! He's only a first year, after all!"