Rikkaidai = Hell? Or not?

Ryoma's POV

I glanced out of the sleek black car as it neared Rikkai Dai Fuzoku Chuu. The gates to the famous school loomed before me, just like the very gates of hell. I softened my eyes as I remembered the pain and hurt I've gone through. I practically went to hell and back.

"Sir," my driver interrupted my thoughts, "it's almost time for tennis practice to start. I suggest you go in now if you want to watch them."

I gave him my typical cocky smirk and muttered a 'Mada mada dane' before stepping out. The warm spring breeze brushed over my soft slender body, and I suddenly craved for the rush of anticipation I have during one of my exciting tennis matches, and the feeling of joy when I performed a successful smash.

Walking lazily to the registration office, I dropped off my forms and acceptance letter and picked up my uniform, student id, floor plan, and the key to my new dorm room. As I walked to my dorm room, the small sounds of tennis balls caught my attention. Unconsciously, I began to walk in that direction.

My eyes widened at the sight. A variation of the Kikumaru beam. A black-haired boy was smiling as it bounced on the ground, and flew up to his opponent's face.

"Take that, Yagyu-sempai!" the black-haired guy said. I watched in interest as the person he called Yagyu just blinked, and offered a small compliment.

"You're getting better at that, Kirihara-kun," Yagyu said simply.

Rikkai Dai, I thought. Maybe it'll be better than Seigaku. I miss my senpais, and even if I hated Kikumaru's hugs, I still miss him. And Tezuka-Buchou......

Even though I wasn't on the tennis team, I still went near the fence that surrounds the court, though it attracted me a lot of unwanted attention. Not caring, I continued to observe the boy named Kirihara. I missed the days where Tezuka would give me a brotherly smile at me when no one's looking, and offer me the same compliments that Yagyu said to Kirihara. Or when Fuji-sempai would wrap his arms around my shoulders, and whisper me blackmail on Momo. Or when Oishi-sempai would be like a mother to me, and be all worried when I get an injury from over practising.

They were all crying when they heard about my condition--well, Tezuka-buchou was biting his lip--that I was temporarily mute and paralysed just before the Kanto Finals against Rikkai Dai due to a childhood disease resurfacing and promised that at least one of them would visit me every day and would bring me the medal of the Nationals. But Fuji lost to Yukimura, and he was so sad and angry at himself when he told me the news. I only smiled, and hugged him, reassuring him with a note with words scribbled on it that it was OK, and I was happy that we even made it into the National Finals. I never even saw they again, after my medical treatment was transferred to the US.   

I suppose those days are over, as the only reason I transferred here to Rikkai Dai was because my mom had to stay in the US for some business work, and my dad was going to some here with me, but then, my mom had an ultra important scandal case involving CEOs, numerous celebrities and possibly even world leaders that would last at least a year. She was busy 24/7, so he had to stay there with her. And my cousin stayed in the US because of a scholarship to a very prestigious university. Only Rikkai Dai and Hyotei had dorms, and there was no way I'd go to school with that stuck up snob named Atobe, so Rikkai Dai was my only choice left if I want to be in a good tennis team and stay in Japan. I loved Seigaku to pieces, and in a way, I'm kind of betraying them, but..........................I sighed. I don't know why I'm here. The US was fine....But being in Japan again was refreshing. I bit my lip. 

Why did I chose Rikkaidai again?

I gazed as Kirihara was hugged by a red-headed teen who reminded me of Kikumaru. His teammates loved him and treated him as the team baby, just as how I was Seigaku's. I'm sure everyone forgot about me, I thought. I was the rookie prodigy, but it's been 3 years, no? I'm merely a new student, now. Burning tears were threatening to spill when a soft voice broke in.

"Are you OK?" he asked. I whipped my head around, nearly breaking my neck.

"Who the heck are you? And I'm perfectly fine!" I challenged, my arrogance surfacing. Suddenly, the whole court goes silent.

The bluenette had an amused glint in his soft, yet powerful violet eyes, and he cocked his head.

"Seiichi Yukimura, captain of this tennis team," he said with an angelic smile. My golden orbs widened as I recognised his name. My eyes shined with challenge and I replaced my annoyance with my trademark smirk.

"So you're Yukimura," I breathed. Yukimura smiled, before speaking.

"Hmm. So you've heard of me. You didn't need to yell, by the way. Just telling me you're OK is all that's needed," Yukimura said softly. "Are you interested in the tennis team?"

I gave him a sideways glance, before narrowing my eyes and raised an eyebrow.

"So you're not even going to ask for my name? You do know I'm a stranger, right?" I questioned. Yukimura blinked, before laughing.

"You're such a brat, you know that?" Yukimura said with a small, but genuine smile. I rolled my eyes.

"I've been called worst. My name's Ryoma Echizen, and you're actually letting a first-year student join?" I said.

"Why wouldn't I? After all, I was a first year when I joined. It really doesn't matter all that much to me. I find you interesting. Do you want a match with Genichiro?" Yukimura said. Murmurs began to break out, and people started to point at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one's POV:

Ryoma Echizen, huh? Yukimura thought suspiciously to himself, That sounds strangely familiar...Hmm...

A/N: Anyone knows an English song that "promotes" unhealthy relationships? Such as....Blank Space by Taylor Swift & the song, Jealous by Nick Jonas??? Ughhhh it's for a school song analysts thing......MUCH THANKS!!!!!