He smirked as he looked down at me, his grey eyes sparkling with humour. "Doing what?"

     "Sneaking up on me like that. It's not cute. It's creepy. Not to mention a violation of my personal space."

     "Says the girl who took over my whole apartment and kicked me out of my own bed. Is that not a violation of my personal space?"

     "I did not kick you out! You choose not to—"

     "I'm kidding," he cut me off with a whisper, and before I knew it, his forehead was resting against mine. Our conversation only reminded me of our earlier argument, which caused me to wrap my arms around his neck. "Like I said, I love having you in my bed." His hands found their place on my waist. "We never finished our earlier conversation, you know."

     I knew what he was referring to. The only reason we had gotten into an argument earlier, which resulted in my accusations that he didn't want or desire me, was because of the stupid nightmare I had yet to tell him about. But with everything that had happened since then, the nightmare hardly seemed important or significant. "When's Declan suppose to get here?" I tried to change the subject.

     Part of the reason I was trying so hard to not give in and call Jennifer was because I had agreed to allow Caleb and his pack to dig a little deeper first and find out more before taking the situation into my own hands. As a result, Caleb, his betas and Rickon were going to scout out some areas he and Jennifer often went to while they dated, in hopes of finding anything of use. If that didn't work then they were going to get Rickon to draw her out in hopes that she would confide in him or, at the very least, mistakenly let something slip, which would hopefully reveal the extent of her knowledge about this world. And while all of this was going down, Declan was suppose to keep me 'occupied' at the condo, which was actually just a fancy way of saying that he was coming over to babysit me.

     "When he gets here," Caleb replied in that smug way of his. His mouth began to trail across my cheek, dropping kisses in its path every now and then, but I knew that he knew better than to try a repeat of what he had done earlier of seducing the truth out of me. He was brave but he wasn't crazy. "Talk to me."

     My arms tightened around his neck, my need to hold onto him greatly aiding in my struggle to not be dragged down by the pull of my nightmare. "Caleb, really, it was nothing."

     "Two choices then," he said. "You have two choices, both of which will address our earlier issues. First choice: you tell me what was bothering you. Tell me the reason why I was drawn to you in the middle of the night. As unimportant as you seem to believe it is, I promised to always protect you and I can't do that if you don't show me what you need protecting from. Or choice number two," he pulled his head away. Looking up to meet his gaze, I could see his eyes had darkened, the humour still there but the passion more prevalent. "I take you back into the bedroom and show you exactly why I've chosen not to share that bed with you." His tone matched his dark gaze. "Show you just how badly I want and desire you."

     I wanted to look away but his gaze would not grant me the privilege. He wanted me to know exactly what he was trying to say and I couldn't deny that his meaning had been delivered. It had been hours since I threw it in his face that he did not desire me, and in the time since then, I realized how stupid it was of me to say such a thing. Caleb's desire for me could never be questioned, argued or denied. The fire invading my body during that very moment was proof enough of its existence. And as we stood there staring at each other, I could literally see that hunger inside of him clawing its way to the surface. A hunger for me. His need to claim me.

     I cleared my throat and if there was any space to step back, I would have taken it. But the edge of the counter digging into my back reminded me that there was no where that I could run, and even if I did manage an escape, the wolf he was trying his damned hardest to keep in line would have hunted me down within seconds.