Chapter 15: Double date

Start from the beginning

The group all let out small laughs, except for the blonde girl who looked sourly at Serena. The girl had a crush on Hibiki and had confessed to him only a week ago, but Hibiki had politely turned her down as he said that he had a girlfriend. The girl had a plan, she would befriend the naive friend of Hibiki, she would make him take her on a double date with Hibiki, and at some point she would find a way to get Hibiki alone. She didn't know exactly how she was going to do this, but she had hoped to she would be able to size up this supposed 'girlfriend' and not find anything special about her.

The girl's hopes had been crushed the second she saw the beautiful girlfriend walk in with Hibiki. The blonde had noticed the way her 'date' had looked at the green haired girl before he waved the two over. Then the idiot decided to act more lovestruck with the stranger than he did with the girl he'd come with, calling the stranger pretty and getting so flustered. And the stranger seemed perfect, the way she walked, the way she talked, even the way she smiled. Heck if the blonde weren't in love with Hibiki, and if she were into girls, then she'd probably be all over the new girl as well.

"Please sit, I'm Jonathan." The blonde's date said, pulling a seat out for Serena. Serena sat down as Hibiki took the seat next to her.

"Taking my moves like that, you sly bastard." Hibiki joked with a smirk. Jonathan got flustered once more as he apologized and took his seat, the blonde girl next to him obviously swooning over Hibiki.

"I'm Serena." Serena said, sticking her hand out across the table to the blonde girl. The girl looked at Serena in surprise before shaking her hand.

"Akira, nice to meet you." The blonde said, her face blank. The handshake ended as a waiter came over to take their order. Hibiki ordered for Serena, and Jonathan tried to order for Akira but she was allergic to the blueberry sauce that the order included.

"So how long have you two been dating?" Jonathan asked the other couple politely. His eyes tended to accidentally stray towards Serena every second he wasn't paying attention. Serena looked towards Hibiki with a loving smile, one he returned, making Akira's heart light up with jealousy.

"I'm not sure. We were always really good friends and then... It just kind of came to the point were we started to use the labels. I think there was some part of us that just knew we were meant to be." Serena said as she held on to Hibiki's arm and leaned towards him. She was completely bullshiting it at this point, she honestly didn't know how someone could actually date this weirdo. She was sure that if the blonde girl didn't just know Hibiki from all those magazines and pictures, and if she actually knew how annoyingly similar he could be to a chihuahua at times, then she probably would be so infatuated with him.

"I couldn't have said it better myself." Hibiki said as he kissed the top of Serena's head, pulling her into a side hug. Akira couldn't hold back her glare as she saw the lovey dovey pair, she wanted to be the one Hibiki cuddled with. While on the other hand, the only thing that kept Serena from shoving the annoying idiot away was the promise of that spell book.

"So how long have you two been together?" Serena asked, gently detaching herself from Hibiki. They had a mini struggle that looked like a cute couple play fight, in actuality Serena was ready to punch Hibiki and threatened to do so with her eyes because Hibiki was being touchy and didn't want to let her go.

On lookers thought 'Aw, young love.'
--Time skip, brought by Akira, a crazy fan--

"Did I mention I hate you?" Serena said, her voice holding no malice as she leaned against Hibiki. He had his arm wrapped around her, pulling her close, as they walked down the street.

The double date had gone well up until Akira burst and started to blabber on about how she could be better for Hibiki and how she had 'loved him' ever since she first saw his picture. Serena told her that if she really loved Hibiki then she should be okay simply with seeing him happy. 

Akira had ended up crying and said things that nobody really understood. Jonathan had apologized and helped Akira out of the restaurant, the double date obviously over. Hibiki had offered to walk Serena home and that's what they were doing now.

"Yeah, did I mention I love you?" Hibiki responded. Serena let out a laugh, a small and affectionate sound.

"Yeah, love you too, idiot." She said as she pulled away. She walked towards her house, unlocking the door and pulling it open. She took a step in before calling over her shoulder "It didn't have as bad a time as I thought I would've, it wasn't the worst date ever."

"You sure it wasn't your only date ever?" Hibiki joked, his hands in his pockets as he waited to make sure she got inside safely. Serena let a smile form on her face as she shook her head.

"See you tomorrow." She called out before walking in. Hibiki stood there, looking as the lights in the house turned on. He let out a small sigh as he looked away and began to walk home.

I don't promise that I'll update often because school is being annoying. And cause I'm catching up on a lot of Anime. But if I don't have writers block then I'll write, no promises though.