Chapter 25: Comfortable

3rd person POV

"You sure you know your way from here? I can walk you all the way to the guild if you want. You're sure you won't get lost?" Riki looked down at Serena with over protective eyes. Serena gave him a small smirk.

"I'm fine, it's just straight down this road." Serena gestured to the road on her right. Behind Riki, Hibiki waved his hands as he mouthed a 'no', pointing the other way. Serena quickly switched to gesturing to her left. When Riki raised his brow she said, "I can, really. Clean the ice cream on your cheek, shorty."

"I'm taller than you." Riki pointed out with a blank look. He stood besides Serena, measuring where Serena's head hit his chin, to prove his point. Serena swatted at his hand.

"Now. I'm older than you so I still remember when you were that itty bitty little thing. You were so cute and huggable... What happened?" She asked the last one teasingly, liking him up and down. Riki gave her an offended look.

"What'd you mean 'what happened'?! I'm still cute and huggable!" Riki furrowed his brows at the girl, his bottom lip sticking out just a bit. He tried to hug Serena, but the older girl struggled as he tried to pull her close, "Love me!"

"No." Serena said with a slightly pissed off look. She pushed at Riki's chest as he tried to force her into his hug. Though she really did still like hugging him, she liked annoying him more.

"You know what this reminds me of?" Kira whispered behind her hand. She and Hibiki were standing a bit away from the two fighting children.

"Yeah." Hibiki nodded as he tried, not succeeding, to suppress a smile. He snickered a bit at the mischievous glimmer in the girl's blue eyes. His eyes traveled to the still struggling pair as Kira cupped her hands over her mouth.

"Awww, how cute! Hey Hibiki, doesn't this remind you of when Riki had the hugest crush on Rena!? Remember how he'd always cuddle up next to her, then he'd start to get a bit too 'comfortable' and she'd push him away?!" Kira yelled, making air quotes when she said the word 'comfortable'.

Riki sputtered some incoherent words, instantly releasing Serena. The latter had still been struggling when this happened so she fell on the floor. In an attempt to keep herself up she reached out to hold something stable, her hand latching onto the arm of a not-so-stable Riki, dragging him down with her.

"U-uh..." Riki looked straight into Serena's eyes, which were only about an inch away from her's. Serena gave the boy a blank look as his cheeks began turning a dark pink.

"Get off, please." Serena said with no emotion at all. Riki scrambled to get up, allowing Serena to prop herself up with her elbows. Embarrassingly for the blonde, his hand slipped and he once again fell on the green haired girl with his face right in her chest.

Riki was sent flying as she punched him away, creating a hole in a wall. She hadn't been so harsh when they were younger, but he wasn't a kid anymore. Kira stood there with her arms crossed over her stomach and her lips pursed to stop any laughter. On the other hand, Hibiki was curled up on the floor laughing hysterically, "Every... Time!"

"Just like always." Kira shook her head as a teasing smile formed on her lips. Serena looked up at the airy tone of the brunette to see her blue eyes glazed over as if remembering something. Kira snapped out of it just in time to catch the small smile Serena gave her.

"It was an accident!" Riki yelled as he got up after sliding down from the hole his body had made in the wall. Serena turned towards him, a lethal look in her eyes. Riki raised his hands in surrender, a bead of sweat dripping from his brow, "J-just in case y-you wanted to know... Not like i-it's, you know-I'll shut up."

"Accident my ass." Serena muttered as she looked away.

"Language!" Hibiki said. He stood directly up and gave Serena a chastising look. One that Serena received with a look of her own, completely unamused.

"Which one? I know a couple so you might wanna be specific." Serena seemed completely serious. Kira placed a hand over her snickering mouth as she watched the scene play out.

"Don't get smart with me. Respect your elders." Hibiki said, a pout unconsciously forming on his lips.

"Three years is shit, Hibiki. I only consider someone that's already been though a war or two, that I wasn't alive durning, my 'elder'." Serena crossed ther arms as she told the older boy this. Riki's head whipped towards them faster than a cheetah on steroids, an offended look on his face.

"You always told me you were my elder!" He pointed a finger at the green haired female, his gray eyes trying to pierce her soul.

"Oops." Serena responded, her amber eyes sliding past him with disinterest. The blonde visibly bristled.

"Whatdaya mean 'oops'?! Oops?! I've called you my elder since I was three!" Riki exclaimed, clearly annoyed. Serena answers him with a shrug.

"You still can, I'm decades more mature than all three of you." Serena said arrogantly. Kira crouched down on the floor as she attempted to contain her amusement. Hibiki and Riki on the other hand narrowed their eyes.

"As if, I'm way maturer than you!" Hibiki stomped his foot an the ground, pouting angrily at Serena.

Kira walked over, resting her arm on the shorter girl's shoulder. She smirked at Hibiki, "Serena might be the second youngest, but you have to admit she was always the first, and best, to get us," She moved a finger to gesture to their group, "out of a bind."

The boys both looked away. They mumbled incoherent words under their breaths with grouchy looks on their faces. Serena's ears perked when she heard Riki mutter, "Yeah, but she couldn't find her way out of a paper bag."

"I was eight! And that bag was huge!" Serena crossed her arms with an angry huff. She had given many excuses when the incident had happened, she stuck to the one where she insisted the bag was infused with magic. She defended herself, "And I eventually got out."

"Not really." Hibiki pointed out, throwing himself into the conversation. Serena glared at his uninvited comment. With a close eyed shrug the oldest male said, "You burned it down. I wouldn't call that finding your way out."

"It's because that how Rena is. She doesn't do normal, if she can't find a way then she'll make it. Right?" Kira turned to look at her green haired friend. Her blue eyes landed on empty space. Now she curiously scanned the area, "Serena?"

"I'm not normal?" Serena sulked a few feet away from them, repeating the sentence in different accents. Her friends sweat dropped at this considering that her actions basically answered her question.

"Fairy Tail's in the other direction." Hibiki said as he pointed in the direction opposite of Serena.