Chapter 15: Double date

3rd person POV

"I don't want to." Serena says bluntly, turning away from the male. He's persistent, but he's also getting dangerously close to her nerves.

"Pleeeeeaaaaaase! Just this once! Come on! Please! I've help you with these things before! Please!" Hibiki pleaded, shaking the girl's arm desperately. The boy spoke rapidly, sounding a lot-Serena thought-like a Chihuahua.

"You only did it for like five seconds, you're asking me to keep up the act for a couple of hours. Plus it isn't the same." Serena said shaking her head, she didn't want to do this-there was very little anyone could do to change her mind. She emphases her point by saying "There is nothing you can do-absolutely no way that I'll ever do that. Not in million years-"

--Time skip, brought to you by Hibiki's crazy fans--

"I hate you." Serena muttered as walked down the street with Hibiki. The boy simply gave her a cheeky grin. She was going on a double date with the idiot next to her, simply because a girl was head over heels in love with him as he didn't know how else to get rid of her.

"You're suppose to acting like my girlfriend, be perky and cute or something." He said, lightly shoving the girl next to him. His grin widened as Serena shot him a glare.

"I hate you with a burning passion." She said, glaring straight ahead. The grin didn't leave Hibiki's face as he linked their arms.

"Love you too." He said as they walked into the fancy restaurant. Serena trying to compose herself and look like she was actually happy to be there. She really wanted that spell book.

Three hours ago

"There is nothing you can do-absolutely no way that I'll ever do that. Not in million years-"

"I'll get you that spell book you've been looking for~" Hibiki cooed. Serena's face turned to blank surprise before it just went blank. She blinked at the obviously gleeful boy in front of her, knowing that he had her.

"You said you couldn't find it." She said blankly, her eyes narrowing. He gave her a closed eyes smile that would have seemed sweet, had it not been for the wicked aura that surrounded him.

"I might've recently figured something out." He said resting her head on his hands, his elbows propped up on the table. He saw the look in his friend's eyes and said "So, deal?"

Now

They walked into a dining area and a male with a kind looking face waved Hibiki over, a pretty blonde girl seated at his side. Hibiki guided the resisting Serena over to the table as his friend stood up. The boys exchanged a hug and Hibiki gestured towards Serena "This is my date, Serena."

"It's lovely meeting you." Serena said, putting on her perfect girlfriend act. She was going to kill Hibiki later, sure she would make him act as if he were her boyfriend for a second or two when a guy hit on her-but she'd never made him actually go on a double date.

"You're really pretty." The boy blurted out, his face turning bright red not two seconds later. His eyes widened in shock as he slapped a hand over his mouth. The embarrassment that had fogged his brain made him stutter out, "I-I didn't mean that! I mean-you are pretty, beautiful even! I just didn't mean that in a creepy way-I'm not creepy! It's just that I was surprised that-I'll shut up now..."

"It's okay." Serena said with a smile she felt was too sweet, letting out an equally sweet giggle. Once Hibiki handed over that spell book she was going to look for a spell to make him slowly descend into insanity, video tape it, and then make him sane again so that he can watch the video along with the rest if the world. While her thoughts were occupied on how to get back at Hibiki, she continued to smile at the flustered boy in front of her. Acting like sickly sweet girlfriend Hibiki told her to, she let out another giggle and then said "You're pretty too."