The Trial

Just by the look on all your faces, I can already tell that my fate has been decided, so I ask again, why is this necessary? I'd hate to waste the precious hours I have left on something this pointless. To say that I have devoted my entire life in service to my country is truly an understatement, but in the end, my beloved country turned it's back on me, and thus left me with no other choice but to seek justice on my own.

A man who makes a living by executing targets for his government, is now undoubtedly going to be executed by the same government he worked for. Pardon my laughter, I just find this situation slightly ironic. Yes of course, I shouldn't make light of the situation I'm in, giving the fact that my life hangs in the balance but judging from the look on my face as of this instance, you can surely tell that I couldn't care less.

Now why did I kill Mr. H., you ask? Well, you see I'm a killer, trained by your government, with just one absolute rule to abide by: Kill only for the government, but I ended up breaking that golden rule and that's why we are all here. Just a quick recap to give you members of jury the full picture.

It took me nearly a decade to finally track him down and finish him. Now do I regret that decision? No. I can honestly tell you that of all the people I have sent to an early grave, he was the only one who truly deserved it.

He forced my hand, you have to understand, he literally forced my hand. She was innocent, she had absolutely no part in the plot but he just wouldn't sit and fucking listen!. Do excuse my profanity, your honor, this part really does make me tick. Where were we? Yes, so I had evidence to support my argument but Mr H. just couldn't accept the fact, that he was wrong. He couldn't bear to have been proven wrong. That's why I killed him, that's why I slit his throat while they watched. Yes, I made sure they were watching.

He let me know, that if I didn't complete the mission, he would just assign it to a different agent. I hope you can understand the kind of predicament I was left in. I could choose to attempt to beg him not to kill her and in doing so put her at risk of getting brutally killed in the meantime, or I could simply show her the mercy she deserved and kill her myself.

Let me ask you a question Your honor, Have you ever taken a life? Watched as the light slowly and steadily vanished from the person's eyes? Never? Well I thought as much. Now imagine taking the life of a beautiful and innocent human being, it is always a hard thing to do, I assure you and especially when it's your own daughter.