Christmas eve and shocking events

JESSICA

I changed into a short, long sleeve red dress and slipped my feet into a pair of open toed black pumps. My nails were bright red, and a black clutch lay on my bed. My dark hair was in its natural state-curly.

Matt appeared in the doorway and smiled. He walked over and kissed my cheek lightly with a big smile. "Everyone's waiting to go," he murmured and I nodded, forcing a smile before allowing him to lead me downstairs where everyone stood, speaking cheerfully. When I walked down Justin and Christian looked up and watched me.

I smiled at them and they both smiled back.

"Let's go!" Matt said merrily and we all piled into different cars and drove off to the church. When we got there I stuck close to Ryan, Chaz and Justin.

"Jessica!" an old lady called, waving her hands around. She was in a pants suit with big earrings and a big necklace to match.

"Little Jessie, you grew up into such a beautiful young lady!" she exclaimed, cupping my face. I recognized her instantly. It was Mrs. Denton, the lady who had been going to this church as long as I could remember. Her hair was now white, not an orange hair on her head anymore.

"Mrs. Denton, you look great," I said with a warm smile and hugged her. She moved on to Ryan and Chaz, ruffling their hair and telling them how handsome they were. Lastly she moved on to Justin, who welcomed her with open arms.

"Justin Drew Bieber, Stratford's own celebrity, as I live and breathe. I didn't think I would ever see you back here again, what a wonderful Christmas present getting to see my boy before I passed on," she said, a tear sliding down her wrinkled face.

Pricilla Denton used to watch Justin when his mom was at work, like a nanny or a grandmother. She didn't take one cent in return, saying that they needed the money more then she did. She even used to slip twenties into Pattie's purse when she wasn't looking, because Pattie would never take it if she offered.

Justin smiled and wiped her tears away before hugging her again. "Thanks for everything you did for me as a kid," he said with a smile and she nodded quickly.

"Of course Justin Drew!" she chirped with a big smile, "You know you're just like a grandson to me!"

Justin smiled and then glanced at me and his smile grew even bigger. Pricilla followed his gaze and raised her eyebrows at me.

"Don't tell me you and little Jessie are together now?" she asked, her eyes shining and her smile getting even bigger if possible.

"No, unfortunately we aren't together..." Justin said, smiling at me only to make Christian roll his eyes and look extremely pissed, "Yet."

I doubt anyone but me heard him add in that last part, but it sure as hell made my cheeks turn bright red. I looked away and thankfully the lights dimmed and everyone began to scramble around and take their seats. Mrs. Denton walked back to her daughter Rose and her grandson Jay, Rose's son.

I sat between my mom and Matt, with Justin on Matt's other side and Christian on my mom's other side. I sighed and tried to keep my eyes on the priest.

Matt kept scooting closer to me, much to my annoyance, but my mom wouldn't slide over a bit towards Christian so I could move away from him. I knew she loved the idea of me and Matt together, and she thought Matt was the perfect husband for her daughter.

"Momma, can you move over a little bit?" I asked when Matt slung his hand around my waist.

"There's no room for me to do that darling."

I rolled my eyes when I saw her smile as she watched the sermon wrap up.

That woman was making my night so much harder.

JUSTIN

We all walked out into the cold night, small snowflakes covering the ground in a light dusting. Matt held Jessica close by her waist and she looked sad about it, like she didn't actually want to be there.

We drove home in silence since the car was filled with Jessica, Christian, Matt and me. Jessica stared at her lap the entire time. We got home and everyone gathered in the living room, all a part of Allie's idea. We all got champagne in tall glasses.

At ten Matt stood up and lightly tapped his glass with a butter knife. Everyone stared at him, wondering what was going on. No one looked more confused then Jessie.

Matt turned to Jessica and smiled. "Jessica... we've been together for a while now and every second you're next to me, or even near me, I'm uncontrollably happy, and I want to spend my entire life with you. I love you Jess, and I don't ever want to be with another woman. So..." he began, making Jessica's eyes go wide. Matt got on his knee and her hand flew to her heart. She blinked rapidly as he spoke the four words that made my world go crashing down.

"Will you marry me?"

Leave some loveee!

I'm thinking this story is going to be wrapping up soon, in a couple more chapters, or as many as it takes for Jessica to choose a dude(:

Jessica's outfit : http://www.polyvore.com/christmas_eve/set?id=27149033