So close, yet so far away

Never Stopped Loving You by JuliannaBiebs - -

[Reviews - 75] Chapter or Story

Table of Contents

- Text Size +

JUSTIN

She looked up and straight into my eyes, batting her eyelashes like a lost child. And then it happened.

Her lips were suddenly on mine, soft and simple, yet the best kiss I'd ever experienced. She pulled away and guilt filled her brown eyes. She stood up quickly and looked around as if to make sure no one had seen us. "Good night," she said quickly, then shuffled off to bed. I sighed and followed. She entered her room and hesitated before shutting the door. I stood there in my doorway facing her in her own, neither of us saying a word.

She opened her mouth, then closed it once more. She repeated this a few time before words finally escaped her mouth, "Night... Justin."

I nodded and she disappeared into the dark room. That night I lay awake, thinking of her... thinking of me... thinking of us. Finally, I fell asleep, but I hadn't escaped her yet. My dreams that night were full of her. Her eyes, her smile, her kiss.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning the sun woke me up. I could smell pancakes, but my stomach was still in knots from my latest dream. I trudged downstairs in a purple hoodie and light gray sweatpants, my bare chest showing. Jessica stood in the kitchen in a gray sweater tied in the middle with a dark nude bow, a dark nude loose tank top and jeans. Her hair was in a loose side ponytail. She was flipping pancakes. Next to her was split flour mixed with chocolate chips that fell from the unusually large bag.

"Morning Jessie," I said and she spun around. Her brown eyes looked at me with guilt and no sooner had I caught her gaze had she turned and pretended to be occupied with the pancakes.

"Sorry about last night," she murmured softly, still refusing to look at me. I sighed and walked forward, putting my hands on her hips. She shivered at my touch and stopped moving completely. Slowly she tilted her head to look at me. I spun her around so our bodies were touching. She just stood there like a statue looking into my eyes.

"Hi," she said cutely and I smiled, shaking my head.

"Tell me you don't have feelings for me and I'll lay off," I whispered and her lips fell to a frown.

"I can't do that..." she muttered.

"Hey guys, are the pancakes ready?" Christian's voice filled the room and we jumped apart. He walked in with a big smile on his face. Honestly, it made me suspicious.

He took a plate and stacked three on it before drowsing them in syrup. He raised his eyebrows at us with the same big cheesy smile.

"Go on now, eat," he pressured.

I grabbed a plate and so did Jessica. She put on two pancakes and I grabbed four. We sat on either side of Christian. Jessica refused to look at either of us. Christian went on about the snow and the plans for the day. I didn't listen to one word. I was preoccupied with starring at my best friend.

CHRISTIAN

I stood there in the doorway watching Jessica and Justin speak in whispers. She was pressed against him and he had his hands on her lips. It filled me with rage and annoyance. Justin always stole girls from me. When we were younger it didn't really matter, since I was younger. i never really had a chance with those girls.

With Jessica it was different. I actually had a chance, and I could see myself growing old with her. I didn't want her to be another girl I could put in the category of 'Girl's Justin's Stole From Me'.

"Hey guys, are the pancakes ready?" I yelled and like I had expected, they both leaped away from each other. I planted on a huge smile and walked in with my hands in my pockets to keep them from punching Justin. I grabbed a plate and gripped it tightly, getting my anger out. I slapped down a couple pancakes before taking my seat.

Neither Jess, nor Justin moved. They looked at me and I raised my eyebrows, still smiling. Justin gave me a weird look and I made my smile a little smaller.

"Go on now, eat," I exclaimed and they slowly got their breakfasts. Jessica sat down on my right, Justin on my left. They both picked at their food slowly and i rolled my eyes.

"Everyone okay?"

"Of course," Jessica said, her head popping up. She looked like she was about to rip her hair out in guilt.

"You two seem, close today," I said, hinting that I'd seen them. Four brown eyes widened and looks were exchanged.

"Uh, why would you think that?" Jessica stammered.

"Oh I don't know, it's just best friends don't normally hold each other closely, I figured it was past that by now? Does Matt know?"

"Don't tell him Christian!" Jess exclaimed, standing up. I followed her and asked if I could speak with her for a minute.

"So, Justin now?" I asked once we were alone.

"I don't know..."

"I wouldn't if I were you."

"Why not?"

"He's a player, always has been. Plus, he's engaged."

"So... your saying I should stick with Matt?"

"Not necessarily."

"What?" she exclaimed, confused.

"Sometimes, the guy your really meant to be with is right in front of you," I murmured, lifting her chin to look at me. She leaned in slowly and suddenly stopped, blinking a few times. I wanted so badly to kiss her, to hold her forever. This past couples day has taught me that I nothing lasts forever. Hopefully, her relationships with both Justin and Matt wouldn't last forever. Hopefully, her relationship with me, would.

"Think about it," I whispered, then stood and walked away leaving her even more dumbfounded then she had been before.

Leave some love!

Jessica's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/come_on_get_higher/set?id=25269482