Cookies and hockey games

JESSICA

I sat in the living room near the crackling fire for the rest of the day, my laptop resting on my curled up legs. Once in a while someone would show up and I'd have company, but, as everything does, they'd soon be gone and once more I would be alone.

I hated this state was in.

When your younger having many boys fancy you seems like the best thing that could ever happen. I too thought that. And even when I was in high school, as more then one boy asked to the dances and to movies, it made me feel good. But never had I loved more then one of them back.

Not until now.

Justin and Christians' voices echoed through the much to quiet house and soon they were both in view, coming in and sitting near me on the couch. I looked down at my laptop, which was open to my email. I had been starring at the same email from my boss since four and it was now five.

Sighing, I closed it and placed it on the coffee table nearby.

"When's dinner going to be served?" I asked slowly, not sure of what else to say.

"Six, maybe six thirty."

Christian's cologne filled my nose, making me want to cuddle up to him. I had to talk myself out of it for a long time, hoping he would leave soon.

"Where's Jazzy and Jaxon?"

"Last minute Christmas shopping with Erin, we only have two days left."

I smiled slightly. Hopefully this entire mess would be worked out by Christmas, or at least I'd be in the right mindset to enjoy my favorite holiday. Thinking about it, I hadn't seen Matt all day. When my mom walked into the living room I jumped up from my comfortable spot to talk to her.

"Have you seen Matt?"

"He's out doing some last minute shopping," she said, her eyes twinkling. Why was everyone suddenly shopping the day before Christmas Eve?

"Okay..." I sighed.

My mom walked away, a skip in her step, a soft tune coming from her lips. She never sang.

What was going on?

CHRISTIAN

I woke up the next morning late, since after all I had been up till the early morning thinking of Jessica. She seemed so out of it lately, gloomy, and not at all like the Jessie we all knew. Matt didn't even seem to notice. He was gone all day yesterday, and when he finally came home he sprinted up to his room and didn't come down until dinner.

The weird thing was that neither Jessica nor Matt realized the change of behavior in each other. It was all the more reason why I should be the man to marry her, not him. I just wished she would realize that too. It was getting harder and harder to keep myself away from her.

When I walked downstairs Jessica was in the kitchen with Pattie, Erin, Allie and my mom, Sandi, making cookies. It smelt amazing. I snuck up on Jessica who was frosting them, making each one with detail. I grabbed a snowman and shoved it in my mouth.

Jessica spun around and hit my arm. "Christian!" she said, trying to be angry but failing epically. My mom shook her head at us and turned back to cutting shapes in the cookie dough.

Jessica was dressed in a maroon sweater which was unbuttoned and showed a light pink tank top, light blue jeans and dark red heels. She rolled her eyes at me as I smiled, feeling the crumbs all over my face.

"Those are for Santa!" Chaz chimed as he waltzed in, my sister and her fiancée following him. I hugged Caitlin, being the good brother I am.

"Morning lovebirds," my mom said in a sing-song voice, smiling at her daughter and soon to be son in law.

"Jess!" Caitlin exclaimed when she saw her, "I need your help getting ready for church tonight!"

She and Jess made their way to the kitchen table and began to speak about clothes, nails and heels, things I didn't care about at all. Ryan, Chaz and I walked to the living room and found Hockey on TV. Soon Jessica appeared with Justin, much to my annoyance.

The two of them just didn't seem right to me. Whether it was because I too wanted to be her husband, or if they really shouldn't be together I would never know. Ryan didn't seem to like the pair of them together either, which made me happy.

Jess and Ryan always had the brother/sister relationship, and I hoped she would listen to him. Her eyes twinkled when she was the TV, and she ran as well as she could in heels over to me, plopping down and leaning forward so she wouldn't miss anything that happened.

I nodded at Justin and he nodded back, an understanding passing between us.

Neither one of us was backing down.

Love you guysss ;D

New chapters sooonnnn.

Jess's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/christmas_eve_day/set?id=27002876

Alright! 3 more votes and 1 comment for another update! :) x