Mall trips early mornings and talks

JUSTIN

That night sleep didn't come easily. After hours of lying in bed I fell asleep at three, only to wake again at five thirty. I was sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee when I heard small creaks from the stairs and the unlocking of the front door.

Naturally, I dealt with it like a man, grabbing Jaxon's baseball bat and tip toeing to the front door. Someone had the door open and was grabbing something from off the table next to the door.

"Freeze!" I hissed and they did, turning slowly. I was surprised to find Jessica's sweet eyes starring at mine.

"Jessie?" I asked, tossing the baseball bat on the ground. She wore a dark orange sweater that had a scoop neck and quarter length sleeves and a black pea coat was slung over her arm. Her skinny jeans hugged her legs nicely and her black ruffle ankle boots made me question how she came downstairs so quietly.

"Uh... hi."

"Where are you going?"

"Shopping and Starbucks, I need to get out for a little, you know, clear my head."

"Yeah, Ryan said something about you having a big decision to make."

"Did he now?" she asked, looking quite annoyed that I had this piece of information.

"Yup," I said, grabbing my coat off the banister. Jessica raised her eyebrows.

"What are you doing?"

"Coming with you."

"Did you not hear anything I just said? Clear my mind..." she repeated, "Alone..."

"Nope, I think it'd be better with me."

She stormed off out the door and climbed into her car, trying to get the engine started before I reached her. Luckily she dropped the keys on the way, and I got to those quicker. Tossing to her, I slid into the passenger seat.

She shot me a glare before pulling out into the road. We drove in silence to the biggest mall close to my mom's house. It was about a half an hour away, but it was better then the one nearby which was small.

Jessica parked and looking through her black bag for something. She pulled out her wallet and looked inside it before shoving it back in. She looked at me and signed.

"Well... I'm gonna go shop. I'll meet you in Starbucks in an hour?"

"No way Miller, I'm not leaving your side."

"Come on, Justin!"

"Jess, I'll get chased away by screaming fans. I can't be alone."

"Fine, but-hey!"

I pulled her out of the car and across the parking lot while she snapped at me to stop. "Where are we going?"

Soon we were in the cozy mall, which was decorated with Christmas trees, wreathes and other holiday decorations. I knew exactly where we were going, but Jessie didn't. Soon the amazing smell of coffee and pastries mixed together.

Raising an eyebrow at me, Jessica stepped into the line. I waited with her as she slowly made her way up to the front and ordered. She got two toffee mochas, one for her and one for me. I sat her down in the corner and picked up our coffees.

"Why'd you bring me here?" she asked.

"Because, I know you have something on your mind that's bothering you."

"So?"

"So, you can tell me anything."

"You're suggesting I unload all my problems on you?"

"Nope, it's an order," I said with a sly smile.

"Oh, is it?"

"Go ahead, spill," I said, putting my feet up. I leaned back in my chair and placed my feet up on the table. Jessie raised her eyebrows at me and sighed, looking around for an excuse not to speak.

Finding nothing, she opened her mouth to speak, only to close it again.

"Justin, I can't tell you."

"And why is that?"

"Because maybe that something that's bothering me... maybe you're a part of it."

I was too stunned to speak. I knew somewhere deep inside of me that I was becoming a big issue in her life, making it complicated and hard to concentrate, but I had wished that I wouldn't be that something that bothers her at night, that I would be the one that made it all better.

But I'm not that guy, and for now, all I can do is hope that maybe someday, I'll get the chance to be.

Leave some lovee!

Jessie's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/never_stopped/set?id=26764162