Head aches and heart aches

JESSICA

I had never been more confused. I was in a house with three amazing guys, all of which I was madly in love with. Matt was loyal and amazingly sweet. He was my first true love, the man I had assumed would be my husband up until that day. Justin, wild and gorgeous Justin, was so care free and being with him made me feel like a child again. Isn't that how your supposed to feel when your in love? And then there's Christian, whom I had never thought of as more then a friend up until he got out of that car. He was so kind and loving, making me feel warm and protected.

I laid in my bedroom, the door shut and the lights off. I told everyone I was taking a nap, but in reality I couldn't even close my eyes let alone sleep. I sighed and rolled over on my side, starring at the wall now rather then the ceiling. Light poured through the room from the hallway and someone walked in.

"Jessie? You awake?" Ryan's voice said from somewhere near the door. It got dark again and I assumed he had left, but soon the end of my bed sunk a little and I knew he was there. He shook me lightly and I sat up.

"I'm awake."

"You okay?" he asked, judging purely by the expression I had on.

"No."

"Wanna talk about it?" As soon as he said that I was in his arms. He rubbed my back soothingly. "What happened?"

"I don't know what to do," I choked out, letting out a few sobs. I controlled myself and pulled away from him, taking big, long gulps of air.

"Don't know what to do about what?"

"Matt. Justin. Christian."

"Ah," he said slowly, scooting over so he was sitting next to me. "Well, who do you love?"

"All of them," I muttered, looking out the big window to my right.

"Ouch... well, you can't be with all of them... well..." he began.

"No," I said to the idea that had just formed in Ryan's mind. There was no way I could cheat on all three of them.

"Well then, looks like you have a big decision to make Miss Miller."

I sighed and leaned against Ryan, putting my head on his shoulder. "Who do I pick?"

"You and I both know I can't make that decision. But, I can always narrow it down to two guys..." I sat up and starred at him in horror, making him laugh. "I know what your thinking and no, not that way." I nodded, sighing in relief. "What I meant was, I know who is most definitely a no-no."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. When I was little I used to say no-no a lot. It's because my mother said it to me when I was just learning to walk and speak. She'd use it to describe something I wasn't allowed to use or touch. "I hate you... who?"

"Justin."

My heart stopped, as did my laughter. I looked at him with big eyes and just starred for a few minutes. "Why?"

"Riley... plus he's a player."

How could I be so stupid? How on earth did I forget Justin was freaking engaged! My head felt heavy and I needed sleep.

"I... I... I'm not hungry. I... I need to sleep."

Ryan sighed, then nodded and climbed off my bed. He walked to the door and opened it, standing in the frame for a minute before disappearing, closing the door behind him. I closed my heavy eyelids and fell into a much needed, deep sleep.

JUSTIN

After my conversation with Jessica this morning she disappeared into her room for the rest of the day. She used the excuse of being sick and needing to nap every time someone went up there to check on her. Seeing as though we had kissed this morning, I didn't feel up to doing it myself. I was guilty about doing it, even guiltier now that she was locked away in her room. She was fine this morning. I knew deep down I caused this.

Ryan, the person we had chosen this time to go up to Jessica's room, came downstairs and smiled at everyone. We were currently all sitting at the dining room table, food on our plates. There was an empty seat next to Matt.

"Is she coming?" a worried Matt asked and Ryan shook his head.

"No, she's..." he paused for a minute before continuing, "Not feeling well." I could tell he was lying. We all sighed and said grace before eating our chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans. After passing around the already half empty wine bottle, it was soon empty.

"I'll go get some more," I volunteered, "Ryan, come help."

Ryan looked up, mashed potatoes on his upper lip. "Me?" he asked, his mouth full.

"Yes you."

He nodded and swallowed the incredible amount of food that was somehow stuffed in his mouth, then wiped his mouth. He followed me into the kitchen and I grabbed a wine bottle. "See, why did you need me to come?" Ryan whined, looking back at the door that separated the dining room and the kitchen.

"Your lying about Jessie feeling sick."

He looked up, eyes wide. "Uh... no... she's really under the weather. Could be the flu!" The thing about Ryan-- he can't lie.

"Right. You suck at lying. Now tell."

"She's stressed... caught between three options..." he explained slowly, choosing each word carefully before saying them.

"And what are these options?"

"Hard ones."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I'm starved," he said, running to the dining room, tripping a few times in the process. I sighed and followed.

I now knew two things.

One, I was one of the options.

Two, so was Matt.

But who was the third?