Who am I not to forgive anyway? "That's okay, you're forgiven." I smiled as his face brightened up. I wasn't perfect myself, so I should forgive. And, I shouldn't speak about loving if I don't know about forgiving. No, I wasn't weak. But I'm strong and wise enough to understand that people make mistakes. I don't even know why others hold grudge and take revenge, it just makes them bitter. Forgiving doesn't make one weak, it sets one free.

Just then, my phone rang. I excused myself to answer it while Romeo just nodded. "Hello?" I asked from the other line. 

There were a bit of shuffling noises in the background. "Sean, I have both good news and bad news. Well not really, because it's both kind of like good news." It was Sarah's phone but it was Serris who answered. I waited for her to continue. "Well, first is we're in need to go to China, Sarah's friend wanted to do all the settling in China because that's where their management's company is. Second, mom is about to undergo recovery, and it will be in China too!" She cheered and can't help but be relieved. 

Releasing an exhale, I gasped when I was holding a breath. "Thank God, she's going to be okay." I told her. "So it will be a win-win situation? We're finally getting The Lewser Collection after so many complications, and mom's going to okay. I'm so proud of us, Serris. So happy." I told her with all smiles in my face.

"Yeah, I know. Me too." She said she's just going to call back because Sarah is going to need her phone and fetch mom and dad from the hospital. "And oh bro, we're leaving tomorrow, morning." I said okay, and I was a little annoyed. I hate waking up too much early. And I'm quite sure that I'll be so so so tired for a long flight.

Sitting back to where Romeo was, his face was serious. "What's up?" I asked.

He sighed. "There's really something I want to tell you, the reason why I asked you to talk to me." He said. "Elle is in the hospital." He told me and I think I got deaf.

Finally processing what he said, I sat up straight. "Wait, what?!" I exclaimed and didn't mean to steal attention from some strangers. I mouthed a little sorry and scooted closer. "Why? What happened?" I asked.

He cleared his throat. "Well, she was drinking a lot lately. Then I left her after you dropped her off that night. But I didn't know she'll be in the club! I don't even have an idea how she got in, but right now, Maddie is with her in the hospital. She got fragmentation from too much alcohol, and Maddie just called me a minute after you left that she just got delirious." He told me. I can't believe what I was hearing right now. Why did she do that? "She thinks you don't love her anymore, and that you're never going to get her back." He said. "She needs you right now, Sean." He said.

Finding words to say, I finally managed to answer. "I... I can't." I told him. 

Romeo was obviously shocked. "But why?" He asked me.

Avoiding his gaze, I thought about my family. "I love her so much, Romeo. You don't have an idea how I wanted to see her so bad." I paused. "But I love my family too, and I just can't leave them hanging when they need me too." I answered in all honesty. 

He nodded and smiled weakly. His phone rang, and later on, he answered and he was shocked. "Wait, I'm on my way." He said. "You really have to come with me now, Sean. Elle is being too delirious." He told me.

Shit. What do I do?

Romeo just looked at me, and he was waiting for me to answer. Why am I being pressured right now? I feel like a bomb ticking and is about to explode any minute now. Well, here goes nothing.

"I can't. I'm sorry." With that, I left and escaped the place or I won't be able to control myself to go with him to see her. 

Don't get me wrong, I love her more than my life. But it's my family we're talking about here. Without them, especially my parents, I wouldn't be here, nor what I am today. So no matter what happens, it will always be my family I'm going back to.