Chapter 4: Shopping with Mom

(The picture at the top is Brenda)

As Angela arrived home with her invitation to McKenzie's birthday party, she saw her mother in the living room working out to some aerobic stretches.

Brenda looked at Angela and sighed. "Hello, child of mine how was school." Angela was shocked. For once, her mother was being nice to her.

Angela smiled and said, "Well I got an invitation for a party tomorrow." Her mother laughed. "Who would be inviting you to their party?"

Brenda snatched the invitation out of Angela's hand and started reading it. She sees the last name Boulevard on the front and gasps. "Those are the richest people in town! And their daughter invited MY hideous daughter? Oh, I am definitely going."

Angela glanced at her. "I heard that." Brenda looks at her and squints. "I said that out loud? You know what, whatever, let's go shopping for our dresses now Angela."

Angela frowned. "Our?" Brenda sighed. "Well, of course, I'm not going to miss the opportunity to flirt with the mayor and steal him away from that dirty- um I mean chaperone the party...!"

Angela just says, "Um what do you mean steal-"

Brenda grabs her and pulls her to the car. "Let's go!"

Angela pulled back a little. "Wait, mom, do they sell dolls at the mall?" Brenda squinted at her. "You are too old for dolls."

Angela said, "Well not baby dolls, I mean an old-fashioned doll that I can dress up and brush her hair and take care of her. I don't care what anyone says, I just want one."

Brenda rolled her eyes. "Sorry Angela, I don't have time to walk around everywhere for you to get a doll."

"Now come on," Brenda said as she yanked Angela out the door.

********

When they got to the mall, the place full because there were other girls with their moms looking for dresses for McKenzie's party.

Brenda pushes people out of the way and says "Okay Angela first we can go to- the wait is that the mayor? Okay here is some money, go find a pretty dress for yourself."

She started chasing the man as Angela shook her head and started walking.

Angela walked around and saw a donut shop. She went and bought some.

She was about to walk into Bealls when Brenda all of a sudden came up behind her and yanked her back. "Well that wasn't the mayor but- wait hey what are you doing?"

"I was looking for a dress," Angela said. Brenda snatched Angela's tiny purse and was digging through it. "How much money did you waste?"

Angela said "Well I got these donuts and-"

Brenda snatched the money and said, "Give me that, you are already wasting it!" She fake smiled at a couple staring at her oddly and pushed Angela into the store.

They went to the dress section and looked around. Brenda was scanning through the dresses while Angela just stood there not sure what to do.

Angela turned around and suddenly saw the prettiest dress she had ever seen. It was a short powder blue dress.

Angela squealed and reached forward to grab it when suddenly she felt hands touch hers. It was a girl the same age as her with long curly dark brown hair down her back and gray eyes.

Her eyes narrowed and she said snootily, "Um can you let go? I need this dress for McKenzie Boulevard's birthday party, which I know that she didn't invite you to."

Angela glared a little and yanked it towards herself. "Well, actually I DID get invited to her party too. I need this dress more than you do."

The girl yanked it back. "But I'm way cuter than you, so give me that dress!"

Brenda comes over and asks "Hey what's the problem?" The other girl frowned. "This girl won't give me the dress!"

Suddenly the little girl's mother came. "My daughter Emily was here first. So can you tell your daughter to politely hand Emily the dress?" She asked.

Brenda glared at her and puts her hand on her hip. "Um no, why does she need the dress anyways? My daughter Angela isn't stupid and she knows she was here first."

The other mother fluffs her hair and says, "Okay, can we just finish this and tell your daughter to hand Emily the dress because I heard that the Mayor is single and I need to hurry and get my dress."

Brenda stopped her and said, "Um excuse me? Where did you hear that from?"

She stared at her and said, "Well he posted it on Twitter."

Brenda grabs the woman's dress out of her hands and rips it. The woman yells, "What are you doing?"

Brenda jumps on the woman as Angela snatched the dress away from Emily and shoved her to the floor. Emily started to cry. Angela turned to see Brenda and scratching and pulling at the woman's hair.

By this time, Angela already had her and her mom's dress checked out. She ran to where the two women were fighting and yelled, "MOM LETS GO I ALREADY HAVE THE DRESSES CHECKED OUT." Brenda stops and pushed the women off her not before throwing a shoe at her and saying, "See you later losers."

Angela and Brenda began to run to the car as the security chased them.