Chapter 2: I want a Doll

There was a sound of footsteps as the students of Willis Jr. High School were rushing outside. It was recess time. Angela would usually play alone but she wanted to make friends today.

She went to where the popular kids always were outside; Sitting at a group of picnic tables together under some trees as they laughed and talked.

Angela walked over with the leaves crunching under her feet. All the popular kids heard the noise and turned and stared at her.

Suddenly McKenzie Boulevard, the most popular girl in the whole school, and McKenzie's Best Friends, they are also twins, Alyssa, and Marissa, snapped her fingers until 2 older guys picked up the chair that she was sitting in and placed her in front of Angela.

McKenzie stared at her as if she had come out of a trash can and asked rudely, "Who are you and why are here?"

Angela smiled awkwardly. "I'm Angela and I-" Marissa laughed, "What kind of name is Angela? That sounds like something I would name my fish."

Alyssa laughed with her sister. McKenzie lifts her hand shutting them both up. "Anyways what do you want."

"I came h-here to play with you guys." Angela stuttered.

McKenzie laughed and everyone else did too. She snapped her fingers again and they were quiet.

McKenzie scoffed and said "PLAY?" She smirked. "We don't 'play' with people like you."

Angela hung her head low. "Oh." she whispered.

McKenzie sneered, making her pretty face uglier. "Well, you can't hang with us. Sorry but my choice is made. You can leave now."

Then she snapped her fingers again and the same two older guys picked up her chair and put her back to where she was before.

Alyssa and Marissa followed McKenzie not before Alyssa said, "What a LOSER." Marissa laughed and said, "I know right."

They were laughing at her while Angela slipped out and left as a tear dropped from her face.

********

Angela got off the school bus with tears still spilling down her face. She was going to prove to them that she was important enough to hang out with them.

She opened the front door to her house and felt the cold breeze hit her. As Angela put up her coat, she walked into the kitchen to see Brenda chatting on the phone about "her" new iPhone case.

So she walked up to her and whispered "mom." She wanted to tell her all about her awful day at school. However, she continued to blab her mouth. Therefore, she tried louder. "Mom."

Brenda continued chatting on the phone. Frustrated, Angela yelled as loud as she could.

"MOM!" Angela screamed.

Suddenly Brenda dropped her phone, causing it to break into a million multi-colored pieces. She was furious.

"ANGELA LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!"

Angela started crying. "Mom I-"

She stopped when Brenda slapped her across her face as hard as she could and Angela fell against the white marble counter. However, Brenda was still mad.

"GO TO YOUR ROOM YOU HIDEOUS THING! AND YOU WONDER WHY I DON'T LOVE YOU!"

Angela ran up to her room and sobbed loudly until she slowly drifted off to sleep.

*********************

Her dad, who had just come from his office, awakened her. "Hey -woah what's wrong with your face?"

She thought about that for a minute. For some reason, she decided not to tell him.

She looked at him. "I fell." His eyes widened. "Are you sure?" he asked. She nodded.

He said "Okay then. I'm about to go with your mother to go...... shopping. Is there anything you want me to get you?"

She smiled and said "Yes". He smiled back. "What is it?"

"I want a doll."