Chapter 6: Stormy Night

It was nighttime when the weather was going crazy as they were watching the Anchorman on channel 8.

"Well folks, it's going to get really windy so be sure to keep watching for any further notice."

Boom CRACK goes the lighting streaks hitting the house. Angela shivered as she held Sally tighter.

Brenda stood up and said "There is nothing to be afraid of stupid. Just go to bed everything will be better."

Angela whimpered. She had been scared of thunderstorms ever since she was little.

Scott looked at Angela. "Brenda leave her alone. She's still little and it's normal to be afraid of lightning.  Come on Kiddo it's time for bed." Angela sighed and walked with him to her bedroom.

As they went into her room and she got into the bed, Scott kissed her on her forehead and said "Goodnight."

Scott turned off the lights and closed the door as he walked out. Angela looked at the rain splatting on the window like bugs splattering on the windshield of a truck.

Angela's eyes slowly started to get heavy as she watched the rain drops slowly gliding down the window. As she was about to fall asleep..

BOOM BOOM CRACK

The thunder was roaring in the sky. Angela was shaking from the loud thunderstorms. She looked at Sally who was sitting in the chair next to her bed.

TAP TAP TAP

Angela hid under the covers, 'What is that tapping noise?' She thought to herself.

She looked up to see a tree branch hitting against her window. She sighed in relief and laid her head on her pillow.

Finally, she could sleep. She looked on her left side in the chair where Sally was sitting but she was not there. It startled her for a second.

Angela stood there blinking at the empty chair for then shot up out of her bed. "Was Sally walking by herself?"

She shook her head and then thought 'No that couldn't be the problem. Dolls don't walk.' But her heart was beating fast. She saw that her door was slightly open. She didn't even notice it.

BOOM BOOM, the thunder began to roar again. Angela slowly got out of her bed and put on her light blue robe.

She walked to the hallway, which looked to the very scary at night. She slowly tiptoed through the hallway, trying not to wake her parents up.

Angela jumped as her mother swung opened the door. Her face covered with green stuff.

Angela screamed at her. Brenda looked at her and rolled her eyes, "Oh shut up and WHY ARE YOU OUT OF BED?"

Angela looked at her and sighed. "I was looking for Sally." Brenda laughed. "Really. You're looking for your doll out here? Do you think that she just got up and walked away? I swear how are you my daughter."

She grabbed Angela's hand and took her hand while Angela was trying to explain but all that came out was, "But-"

As Brenda opened the door to her room Sally was sitting on the chair as if she was there the whole entire time.

Angela looked at her mother, "But mom I swear. She wasn't there." Brenda looked at her and rolled her eyes.

"Oh shut it. I don't want to hear another word. I'm too tired to deal with you right now." Brenda walked out and closed the door. Angela was now left alone with Sally.

She looked out the window to see that the storm had stopped. Angela laid back down on the bed. She took one last glance at the doll as her eyes got heavy and she fell asleep.