"Bye." Tray waved at me as he hopped up and turned away from my car. I looked at Antoinette in shock. "Get the fuck outta the hood!" He shouted, startling me.

I took my foot off the break and drove off in full speed.

My heart was beating too fast and it felt like I'd broke a sweat. When I made it to a stop sign, I looked at Antoinette and shook my head. Antoinette cleared her throat.

"I told you we shouldn't have done this." Antoinette said to me. I agreed in unison and just looked down at my thighs, trying to pull myself together.

"Just don't tell Chavez." I tell her.

"Don't worry, I won't. He's not gonna kick my ass." She said and to me as she shook her head, probably trying to pull herself together too.

"Seriously, I wonder what prison's done to him?" I ask, wondering really hard. Antoinette took a deep breath before speaking.

"Made him even more crazier, you think?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"I don't know. But he's not the Tray that I once loved. He's someone else."

"You gotta think about it, T. He did attempt to kill someone. You gotta think about it. He's not gonna be the same." She said to me as she touched my arm. "You okay?"

"I don't know..." I say as a tear fell from my left eye. I just don't know.

Past-

I stalled for about two hours and thirty minutes before I made an effort to text Tereny and have her text me the address. And when I made it to the hotel where she was, she was already outside with a suitcase, sitting on the bench.

Putting my car to a stop, I get out the car and meet her halfway, taking her suitcase and putting it in the trunk. She stood there and watched as I opened the door for her and waited for her to get inside before shutting it close.

I got inside of my car and shut the door, not bothering her for a few moments until we stopped at a red light. She was in her own world and looked as if her world was coming an end. It made me feel bad for her because I already knew that she may have found out why Martray had brought her. Not to mention, I've been trying to call Cheri nonstop and she hasn't been answering. She was probably fooled up with him for all I know. The shit irritated me just a little bit. But, that's Cheri and her husband.

We made it back to town quick enough and it was crazy how late it was. I tried texting Cheri whenever I was at a stop, but I didn't get a response. But I expected that.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked her, hoping to get her to open up to me.

"Well, what started off as a good ride, it ended in disaster and I honestly wanted to escape it. It's the worst day of my life." Her voice got shaky as if she was about to cry and I felt bad for her.

"You didn't go up to Orlando with friends, did you?" I asked her, already knowing the truth. The guilt was all in her grill and it took every bit of me not to laugh in her face. "I told you leave them lames alone, didn't I?" I chuckled. "Don't worry. It's gonna be a'ight."

"I'm not sure everything is gonna be a'ight, but at least he told me the truth to everything and the real reason he asked me to come."

I can understand her pain. But I knew that she needed to hear nothing but the blood raw truth. She might like it, but this was the truth.

"Man, fuck him. Any man that would hurt a woman isn't a man at all. They're little boys. And you're too beautiful to be hurt. That's why I don't have a problem doing these types of things for you. I just wish you'd open your eyes and see that I really do like you, Tereny. I really want to try and pursue something with you."