Chapter 44: Sakura

Start from the beginning

The opponents chuckled at the misfortune. My eye was scalding as I felt the liquid enter my body. Poison.

Kakashi painfully turned a blind eye to my situation, focusing on the battle on hand.

I almost fainted. My body couldn't take this. Poison is not a problem, if I had chakra. Heck if I had chakra this fight would've been over with!

If only I was stronger. Like Samantha, a true Haruno. I looked up to the sky as I made a realization.

I'm a Haruno. The only one left. Well, I mean Samantha doesn't identify as one anymore. She tossed the honor of the name away when she scratched her Leaf headband and defected from the village.

I blinked both eyes, the senbon point downwards at an angle, lightly scratching my skin.

I saw a one in a million chance. There was hope. And by Kami, I was going to hold onto it. 

I blinked hard, the senbon scratching my skin even further. The poison darkened what it came into contact with. My cheek was stained a bruising purple.

Eventually, it cut into my skin, drawing fresh blood. I cheered internally as I continued, my eye moving rapidly to complete what I had started. If it didn't work, I'd be dead quicker, but that's fine with me. Dying with dignity was impossible, so this was a fine alternative.

As the last cut was made, I smirked.

The kanji read: Haruno.

"Haruno." I stated defiantly, glancing at my opponents.

They remained a calm composure but tensed as my voice interrupted the sounds of battle.

Kakashi still couldn't bring himself to look at me.

The kanji I had written turned to ice. My face felt frozen where I had pierced the skin. Then, as the blood continued to drip, I felt a surge of energy.

I immediately recognized it and smiled as his jutsu was shattered.

The chakra regained had a certain edge to it, similar to Samantha's but not quite.

Immediately, I repaired my injuries and canceled the simple poison out with a few old pills left in my pocket.

I left the needle in my eye, knowing I wouldn't have time to fix it. I covered my eye with my hand, the needle protruding from the cracks of my fingers. I felt in control again, powerful almost.

As if in agreement, they turned towards us and bowed deeply.

"She exceeded expectations. Until next time." The cloaked figure murmured, acknowledging us both with a nod.

"We'll be back. Here's a souvenir to remember me by." The skinny man smirked as he snapped his fingers.

Kakashi crumpled to the ground clutching his leg in agony.

"Genjutsu isn't my only talent." He supplied as I glared with my good eye.

The wind roared and with that, they left.