Chapter Thirty Eight

{Chapter Thirty Eight}

Sophie's POV

After a few classes, it was time for lunch. I didn't have that class with Jason, but we had the same lunch wave. I walked out to my locker, to put in my books, and a note fell out. 'I told you to stay away from Jason. That was strike one.' I handed it to Vanessa, and she read it. "Kylie?" She asked me. "It has to be" I said back. I have to admit, I was kind of scared. "Come on let's go eat. I wouldn't mention this to Jason if I were you. He would freak out." Vanessa said to me, I nodded and we walked to the cafeteria. We got our food and sat down. "Hey baby!" Jason said as he came up behind me, and grabbed my waist. I jumped really high, mostly because I was still somewhat scared. "Hey.." I said back, my voice was kind of shaky. "What's wrong? I can tell something's wrong," Jason said to me as he sat next to me. "Nothing. Everything's fine." I said back. "Sophie, your voice is shaky, your eyes are popping out of your head, and when I came up behind you, you jumped higher than usual. What's wrong?" He asked me again. "Jason, nothing's wrong." I said back. "Whatever you say." He then went to to eating and talking to the Boyz. Vanessa was sitting right next to me, and leaned over and whispered in my ear. "Maybe you should tell him." "No, I can't. If we absolutely need someone else besides us involved with this, I'll tell Nick. And I'll tell the girls next class." I whispered back. She nodded and went back to talking with Madison. I silently ate the rest of my lunch. When I was finished, I walked up to through away my tray. "Did you like my note?" Kylie asked as she slid by my ear. I shook a little, and dumped my tray, and was on my way back to my table, when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into the hallway. It was Nick. "What was that about?" He asked me. "What do you mean?" I asked back, I really didn't want anyone else involved in this. "Kylie. I saw her walk past you and then you started shaking again." He said back to me. "Nothing!" I snapped back quickly. "I can tell something is wrong. I'm not stupid Sophie!" He said back to me. "If I need help with it, I promise to come to you, but for right now, I don't need to get anyone else involved with this. Please understand." I said back to him. "Okay, just please don't get yourself hurt from this." Nick said back to me. "I'll try. I promise." I said back, and we stood up. I hugged him, and then we walked back to class since lunch was over.