Heat 1

This is my first story here in Wattpad :))

And I'm dedicating it to an amazing writer, JD Ruiz :))

Hope you like it :)

-------------------------

The First

Alexandria

            It’s actually May. Normally, people go out and shop, hang out with friends and walk through parks to enjoy the final dose of summer. They’re probably getting enough sunlight before the monsoons. And before they get drowned by assignments. But this summer is entirely different for me.

Just this April 24th, Granna got a heart attack so we need to get the whole family together for her. Aunt Cassie and my cousins are moving to town but they don’t have a house yet so they’ll be staying with us (which is totally not a problem because I really like them.) And I get to sleep with Jess (which is totally cool because she’s the coolest person ever!) Michael and Rose will be staying downstairs which is totally temporary and Aunt Cassie will be sleeping at the Master’s Bedroom Extension (which is only for emergency purposes.) Everyone is actually busy right now.

 Speaking of busy, we just had our schedules on watching Granna. Fortunately, I have six other relatives who would take turns in watching her. Unfortunately, I got Monday and Tuesday nights.

“Hey Lexi! Why don’t you hurry up, Slowpoke!”

Another call from Dylan.

“Yeah!” Lucy shouts from the car, “Get Granna’s clothes, will you? And you might want to hurry up, as well.”

I know. I forget things easily and that includes not putting Granna’s things in the car last night. I get shouted at everytime. And actually, I think I’m already used to it.

“Yup, you’re used to it.” A voice whispers to my ears

“Blaaah!” I got all messed up. Bummer. I was shocked. And I found out it was Sean.

“I got you messed up, didn’t I?” Sean asks me.

“Yes, you did.” I said, pulling the two bags with Granna’s clothes from her room.

“Let me help you with that, Lexi.” He gets the two bags for me. For a moment he was walking towards the door, then he turns back and drops the smaller bag. “On second thought, I think you should carry one, too” He smiles then walks for the car. Oh, brother.

Twelve minutes later, we were in front of the hospital. I think we’re waiting for someone.

“Lucy, who are we waiting for?” I look around and notice that Stephen is not with us. “And where’s Stephen?”

“Hmm?” She looks at me and realizes the question. “Who are we waiting for? Them.” She points to three women and two men. I then realized it was Aunt Cassie and my cousins. And Stephen.

“Hey, Little Lexi---”

“Don’t call me that!”

“Okay! How’s Granna? Is she recovering?”

“Yeah, she can breathe without the oxygen tank already.”                        

“That’s great. A big improvement.”

“I agree.” He then taps me at my right shoulder and went to Sean and Dylan. And I, need to catch up with someone…

“LEXI! OH MY GOSH!” Jess yelled, throwing her hand bag to the floor to hug me. I was enjoying the moment when she spoke again. ”How was Westwood? Your social status? Uhm... Marita?”