Heat 3

Dedicated to my only Jamie. I love you so. Do well :)

Alexandria

            RING!

            The school bell already rang and it’s time to go to the classrooms for the homeroom assembly. Jess and I are already walking to class. Room 293. Oh there it is!

            “So, first day of senior year, eh?” Jess said, sitting down and pulling a chair for me. “Didn’t know that Roland del Castillo was in our homeroom class too. That means he’s officially our classmate.”

            Roland del Castillo. Age: 16 going 17. Background: Basketball Icon, Photographer and Literary Editor of the school paper, a certified school hottie (or cutie), twin brother of the hot gee, Arnold, and my greatest enemy.

He catches my glare (I think I am glaring) then decides to pull a seat just next to me. How brave of him.

“Hi, Alex. How’s your summer?” he asks with a smile. And I am not buying it.

“It was… fair.” Shit. I ran out of words. “How about yours? Met a party animal? Made a girl go bananas as you walk to her?”

“Yeah, a bit of that.” He answers and gives me another smile. I looked away and made a face. How arrogant!

Someone walks in the room. Tall, skinny and a familiar shoulder bag. NO WAY!

It’s the Ms. Valencia!

“Good Morning, class. Everybody take your seats.” She walks to her desk then notices someone from the far back. “Ms. Vega, you can sit down at those chairs at the back if you would always come in to my class late with those two always following you as your tails.” Ms. Valencia used her I-can-make-you-a-fool-in-front-of-everyone-if-I-want-to smile as Carol used her queen-bee sneer. The three girls had no choice but to sit at the last three chairs near the trash can. Poor bitches.

Homeroom period was almost over so we need to get our schedules from Ms. Valencia.

02102

Westwood Academy

High School Department

Castro,    Alexandria Louise                               Avestros

February 13, 1995

School Schedule 

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Schedule

7:30-8:00                                 Assembly

8:00-9:00                                 Civics and Culture

9:00-10:00                               English

10:00-11:00                             Physics

11:00-12:00                             Economics

12:00-1:00                               Lunch

1:00-2:00                                 Philosophy

2:00-3:00                                Calculus

3:00-4:00                                World History

4:00-5:00                                Gym