"So.. So you want me to go....... To go away from him?" I couldn't have been more shocked..

"I don't want you to go away.. I want you to be by his side.. Give him strength.. He is happy around you... Free and relaxed... But.... I know the pain of a father losing his daughter that he loved.... Your parents.. They love you... They will give their life for you... And you have to stay with them.. So you have to.. To..forget him.. Forget that all this happened.." I was completely shocked.. No words escaping my throat.

"Uncle... I.. You know how he is to me.. Weren't you the one that once told me that I brought him back to being human.. That I gave him back to you... And you are now asking me to let go..??" I asked in between the tears.. Clutching the dress hard to stop me
from braking down..

"Dhruvika.. Whatever I said.. Was true... My son.. He loves you more than he have ever loved anyone.. But I can't be selfish.. Him.. There is no guarantee about his life... And your life will be ruined if you stay with him.. You have a family.. A sister... Take care of them..." He said... Clearing his throat in between.

"But I love him.." I said out in whispers..

"Dhruvika you know.. This is like a deja vu to me.. Me and Karthika.. We were in love before our marriage... Her father had even begged me to leave her alone.. He knew that his daughter's life with me.. With a police officer is not a dreamy life.. But out love won... We married against her parent's wishes... And now see where she is.. " He said.. Finally looking at my eyes..

"Because of me.. Because of this job.. She had to lose her family.. Her only daughter left us.. Our son that followed his fathers path, is now having his life questioned.. See what I gave her.. Only a bunch of sorrows.. And yesterday a group of men tried to attack us, if not for the police who intervened.. Beta, this is our life... And Gunaa.. He is ruthless.. He will try anything to see us defeated.. " he continued... And I could see the guilt in his eyes..

"Dhruvika... I love you.. You will the best daughter in law for our house.. But.. That is only a fantasy.. You are a good person, a very good person.. And you deserve a better life.. Is liye.. Forget everything.. Forget that all this ever happened... Move on with your life " He said.. Kissing my forehead..

But I am complete only with him.. I deserve nothing than him... I want him.. Please don't do this.. I wanted to scream but only silent tears came as my reply..

Suddenly there was a sound behind me and I looked back to see Karthika aunty, her eyes filled with tears.. Behind her was papa, amma, and Rithu..

I stood still.. Not able to move... She came a hugged my.. Kissing my forehead with...

"Stay blessed... I will always love you.. And will pray for you...Now go... And don't come back... "She said..

She looked at my face, every inch.. As if she was registering the image of my face in her head..

Suddenly she was away from me.. And as I looked by they both walked back.. Leaving me there alone.. My heart ached seeing them go.. They went without glancing back.. Uncles arm surrounding her shoulder..

Suddenly there was an arm around me, Papa was hugging me, turning me around... I walked like a robot, lead by him.. I found myself get inside the car.. But my head didn't respond to anything... What uncle said was reverberating inside my head..