Chapter 2- Beacon

Authors notes- Sooo I'm going to try the POV thingy. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Roku's POV-

 As i sit in the airship with Gage, we talk about a lot of things. How long it took him to become a hunter, some tactics to help aid myself in battle against grimm. I learned what his weapon was, its a rather large bastard sword, its able to shoot fire out of the tip, with the help of dust of course. I learn some new things about my DRSGs, Black Amnesia. He taught me some skills with fist fighting and how to utilize a punch to either be lethal or non-lethal. 

"So Roku, you heading to Beacon, you have the skills and knowledge to be a hunter." Gage asks

"I was heading to Beacon, until some issues arose within my family. My parents were hunters, they were out on a mission." I reply "A mission that was to hard for them. You see my Parents were the Dai Risers hunter team, horrible pun i know. Hehe, anyways they were tasked with a mission to hunt down a Ursa Major that was bothering a town. According to eye witness's, they took it down as easy as a beowolf. But then, a shadowed figure appeared in front of them." But something was off about him they say. He just stood there, staring at them with red glowing eyes like a grimms. (Flashback ish thing to the fight) Then all of a sudden a black hole appeared beside the shadowed figure. Grimm just poured out of the hole. Ursa Majors, Beowolves, Boarbatusks, Deathstalkers and Creeps. They fought the grimm tearing them down, they then turned their attention to the shadowed figure. But they just kept coming. (End of flashback) "The people of the town were evacuated, but people said they fought until the last their last breath. No one saw how they died, but when reinforcements arrived, the grimm were gone. All that was left was a pit of ash, with my fathers and mothers weapons laying with in it. That was about 6 months ago, when i was suppose to start my first year at beacon." 

"Damn kid." Gage says. "But you're the child of Bristol and Carden Dairise? Hell Roku I was in the same class as them back in my younger days!" 

I looked up, sad but pleased that someone i know, knew what they were like. Its nice to know that they aren't forgotten memories. "Thanks Gage." 
"Anytime, now i could see if i could pull some strings to allow you to attend Beacon, even if you'll be starting the year late." We share a laugh. He started to talk about my parents, and how they were sometimes partnered up with each others teams. 

 While we were talking, the pilots yelled something, "Hey you see that? Looks like a cava- OH SHIT!" With that final word, the side of the airship explodes. Plummeting us into the grimm infested forest below.

I don't know how long i was out for, but when i finally awoke, i couldn't see out of my left eye. I look around, only to see the wreckage of the airship around. A warm liquid trickled down my cheek, only to find out that its blood oozing from my eye. "Uughh, the fuck happened?" I hear a voice say. I look to my right to see Gage, slowly getting up. "I dunno, but we better get moving. Whatever hit us did it on purpose." I reply. We slowly get up, i search the wreckage quickly, the pilots didn't survive. I grab a first aid kit and bandage the side of my head. I lost an eye, but everything life throws at you is a test that you have to overcome.

 Gage grabs his sword, just then we hear the sound of trucks, not to far away. He run into the forest, heading down south, or what it appears to be. When we were in the airship we could see Vale off in the horizon. It seemed to be around 100 or more kilometers away. Long trek in a grimm infested forest. When we reach the safety of the bushes, we stop and look back to see who attacked us.

"Check the wreckage! Any survivors you take prisoner, scrap this thing for parts and load them into the truck!" A tall beefy man yells. He walks off of a truck with a trailer, but the most interesting thing was what was on the trailer. A cage. A cage with an Ursa inside, strapped down unable to move. When people started to jump out of a troop transport truck, they instantly rush to the airship, searching the inside for valuables. Some climbed out with rifles, scanning the tree line for something.

"Get down!" Gage whispers, pushing my head down. "These are members of the White Fang, but where did they get the firepower to shoot down my airship." He says, scratching his chin.

"No survivors sir, but WOOYE we have a hunter transport ship here! This will really aid us, and Adam will be proud of our find sir!" A rabbit faunus yells. 

"Good, shame their werent any survivors. Well have the boys deconstruct it, load onto the truck and we'll haul it back! Surely they deserve a reward for their kill! HAHA!" He laughs a sort of manic laugh

"Come on, we should leave when we have the chance." Gage grabs my shoulder, we sneak away, unharmed. Sort of unharmed.

-Time shift to the next day, Ozpin's POV (Sort of third person ish)-

 "This isn't good, Gage's airship should of been here 2 days ago! Something must of happened." Glynda explained, pacing outside near the airship dock. Ozpin just stood there, looking out over Vale. The breeze catching his silver hair. He took a sip of his coffee.

"He's a hunter Glynda, whatever happened I'm pretty sure he can handle. Or he decided to take a stop at the club again. You know how he is about those sort of things." Ozpin chuckles "I'm sure he's fine" 
"But you know with recent increase of White Fang attacks and grimm! You know how things out there could be! I mean he was assigned to protect a town from a grimm attack that was unavoidable! That being said, it would be a priority location for White Fang to come in, kill the remaining grimm and leave with all the supplies!" Glynda snaps back at Ozpin. 'Shes clearly worried about him' Ozpin chuckles again.

"Yo, Ozpin! The Cafeteria still open?" A familiar voice yells  "Roku and I haven't eaten in a while, and with the conditions we are in, we should also head to the infirmary to get patched up...and also his eye needs to be checked out." 

"Oh my" Ozpin says, staring at Gage and a teen beside him. The teen appeared to be wearing a leather jacket, with teeth marks, and claw marks all over it, as well his arm had been damaged. But the most noticeable feature, is the blood stained bandage over his eye. "You two have been through hell and back, quickly, we need to get you to the Infirmary!" Ozpin says with a worried tone in his voice.

-Team RWBYS POV- 

It was the middle of the day, team RWBY has just gotten out of Prof. Ports class. 

"Man nothing interesting happens in his class, he's always talking about his 'Daring Adventures' and how to groom your mustache " Yang says, imitating his voice. 

"Well at least Blake had a book to keep her occupied!" Ruby complains. Pointing at Blake. Blake reply's by giving off a devilish smile. They decided to head back to their dorm to finish up an essay for Prof. Oobleck about the Faunus war. While they were passing the airship dock, they saw Ozpin staring out into the distance, with a worried Glynda pacing back and forth. 

"Hey you guys see Ozpin over there?" Weiss points out to the rest of the group "Glynda also seems pretty worried as well. Wonder what happened?" 

"Well, apparently a town by the name of 'Ostallia' was recently attacked, and Gage LockedHardt was assigned to protect it." Blake replies "But i hear them talking about how he hasn't returned y-"
"OHMAHGOD ITS GAGE LOCKEDHARDT!!!!" Ruby yells with excitement 

"Well he's returned now" Yang says, nudging a rather irradiated Blake "Wow they look beaten up, and who's that walking beside him? He's kinda hot." Yang looks at the boy with Gage, quite obviously checking him out with a devilish smile on her face. "Come on, we should head back to our dorm. Its none of our business who he is or why he's here." Weiss reply's with her usual cold tone, currently trying to drag Ruby back. "NOOO! I MUST HAVE HIS AUTOGRAPH!"Ruby cries, obviously saddened by this 

Authors notes- Well Chapter 2 is now complete! I'm trying to speed things a bit more up so i can get Roku into Beacon and finally have him introduced to team rwby. Anyways some things to point out, while writing this, i was trying to find a way to add a unknown attack on the airship so i can explain why in the picture of Roku that i drew, why he has an eye patch and scars (Look at the authors notes on the very first page, like first first). Anyways he lost sight in his left eye.  I also added a reason on to why Roku missed the first few months of Beacon and he will try to be added into Beacon. Anyways i hope you enjoyed this chapter and will continue to enjoy this story!