Dax

"Dad! We're home!" Molly yells as we walk in the door. I'm still upset, not because she forced me to take her, but because I let her get into that situation. I put her life in danger. If he had chosen to hurt her, he could have...
I will not let that happen...she will not hurt more than I know she does.
"All set Dax?" Her father asks, eyeing me cautiously.
"All set. I even brought fishing clothes." I smile.
"Oh yay!" He says as he does a light hop, exiting the room.
"Well that was eventful." She says, a light laugh escaping her lips. Those perfect lips making that perfect sound with the perfect voice...
"You could say that again." I say as a smile spreads across my face.
"Yeah, I could, but I'm not going to." She says and walks away. I follow behind her, for more reasons than just to walk. My eyes may wander...but only slightly. I'm not that kind of guy, right? I glance to the ceiling, already feeling guilty. I shouldn't look at her like that.
"So...um..." I want her to turn and face me so I can focus on her hair, her nose, her eyes. Just her. She's so stunning. Just her face distracts me, or her voice. Everything about her is so perfect. I guess that's why I will NEVER have a chance. She's best compared to a gem. Astonishingly beautiful with a glow that seems to emit from her very core, she's a rare piece of art that is invaluable, priceless. All I want is for her to be my gem. The twinkling of her eyes in the light sets my heart aflame with a burning sensation one could only describe as love. Her voice, smooth as satin, flows and seems just as a breeze on a summer day, warm and scented with the drizzling rain. And far above all else one could admire about her, is her heart. It beats as mine does, for as my heart hears her beating, it beats with the same pace, yearning for hers to feel the same.
"So um what?" She plops herself down onto the couch, patting the space next to her. I set my stuff on the floor and sit beside her with a grin.
"Molly, I honestly want to tell you that..."
"TIME FOR FISHING!" Molly's father walks in with a tan vest on over his white shirt and some gray swimming trunks. The happy look on his face is priceless. I can't wait to see him on the boat. Molly looks at me for a moment before smiling.
"Well I'm gonna go change and pack. Is it overnight, Dad?"
"Well it wasn't until you brought up the idea, but now it is." He looks like a kid on...well any day that they get what they want. I grab my fishing clothes, basically consisting of a pair of swimming trunks and a matching black tee, and an extra outfit for tomorrow. I sleep in my boxers most days so I don't bother grabbing pajamas or anything. Molly bounds down the stairs just as I finish packing and I, ironically enough, turn around and smack right into her as I'm about to leave the living room. She giggles but makes no move to move herself away from me. We're pressed against each other, and as much as I wish it were on purpose, it's not. All I can think about today is her. Her eyes, her nose, her lips...god, her lips. Everything about her is heightened today, and I have no idea why. She hasn't put on makeup yet and that thought places the biggest grin on my face because she looks astonishingly beautiful when she doesn't wear it. Her lilac long sleeve shirt fits her perfectly and the color makes her eyes look beautiful, like every other color. Her ripped jeans show just the right amount of her tan complexion without it being too much, and her hair is French braided in a cute way. She's just perfect and I can't help but notice it. As if realizing we're still touching, she steps away almost reluctantly and I chuckle.
"I think your dad is going to have a heart attack if we don't hurry up and let him get to the fishing." I say with a laugh and grab her bag out of her hand. She frowns.
"I am perfectly capable of..."
"Nope. This is mine now." I say and pull it away from her. She crosses her arms over her chest and pouts, giving me an idea. "Fine, you can take it." I say, holding the bag towards her. She takes it with a smirk.
"Thank you. I knew you couldn't resist me." She says and just as she starts to walk towards the door, I grab her by her waist and lift her over my shoulder. "Couldn't resist you my ass." I say, laughing freely. She protests and I feel her small hands slam into my back, but it doesn't hurt. As I walk out to her fathers waiting car, he just laughs.
"I assume she's riding with you then?" He asks, still laughing at the sight. I nod with a grin.
"We'll follow you!" I say and set her down, earning a smack on the arm, followed by her plopping herself down into the passenger seat. I place our bags in the backseat and hop into the drivers side, glancing over at Molly with her lip pushed out in an adorably over-emphasized way that shows she is indeed not upset. Her father takes off down the road, and soon after I am following. The roads are winding and the trees are vibrant hues of red, yellow, and orange. As I look in the mirror I see the already fallen leaves scatter and blow across the road behind us, disturbed by the wind. There are assorted flowers dotting the edge of the road as we get farther from town. Molly has her window down and is looking around with a light smile. I hum quietly with the radio and occasionally look at her. The day could not have been more perfect, with the sun shining brightly, a slightly cool fall breeze, and a few fluffy clouds dotting the sky. After about forty minutes, the trees parted and the road continued along to meet with a parking lot next to a shimmering, clear blue body of water. Grass surrounded the water, save for a small expanse of sandy shore and a small amount of pavement for boats to be backed into the water. Molly's father pulled into the parking lot and parked right next to the beach. I pulled in next to him, looking at Molly again as I put the car in park. I expected him to get out, but as I looked at Molly she seemed confused.
"This isn't where our boat is." She said and leaned forward for a moment before sighing and leaning back. I looked to my right and saw Molly's dad on the phone with someone, and he seemed to be yelling.
"Hey, do you like sunrises?" I ask her, earning a slight giggle.
"I suppose, why do you ask?"
"I don't know, I just was wondering. I love them." I smile, and I see her eyes crinkle up slightly as she does the same.
"Well, the only thing I have against them is that they come too early."
"That's what sh-" I stop myself, chuckling.
"What? What's so funny..."
"I guess you'll never know, Princess."
"Do not call me p- OH MY GOD YOU WERE NOT GOING TO MAKE THAT JOKE WERE YOU?!"
Tap. Tap. Tap.
I turn to my window to see Greg, red-faced. I roll down my window.
"Alright Molly, we gotta talk for a minute." She nods and steps out of the car. I roll my window up so they can have their privacy, and after a short while Molly returns. Her smile that I love has been replaced with a puddle of feelings. It's as though all of her emotions are fighting for a place, and she can't choose between them. Sadness, however, is the most prominent.
"Look, I know it's personal, so I won't ask, but I'm h-"
"Dax, my mom is home."