Dax

Okay Molly, come on...
Seriously, why is she running so late?
So class literally just let out but still, you can't blame me. She's normally one of the first people out.
"Hey there, hottie." I whirl around to face some blonde girl with way too much cleavage showing and surely not enough clothing for fall. Seriously, what is it with being a whore nowadays? What girl isn't doing that? Molly. Yeah, but that's different. I shake my head.
"What? Too lame to talk to someone cool like me?" She pouts her cherry red lips, stained with numerous applications of an expensive and wasted lip gloss. Yeah, 'cool' is the word. As she does this she twirls her hair around her fingers seductively and bats her eyelashes. Her brown eyes don't impress me, and neither does her body. I'm not into that, honestly. Not from her.
"No. I'm just..." I pause as she moves closer. Waiting for someone. "Just tired." Why the fuck did you just say that Dax? You aren't tired. You are extremely awake and excited about seeing Molly. Why didn't you tell her you were waiting for Molly?
"I could help you with that, baby." She lifts her hand between us and starts walking her fingers up my chest. That's why. I feel anger wash over me, but it's quickly replaced by the hormonal imbalance of a teenage male. I bite my lip ring and look at her. She suddenly looks much more attractive than she did a moment ago. Come on Dax...don't give in. My breath hitches in my throat and before I know it there's another mouth on mine. My lips instinctively move with hers, but it isn't as pleasant as it seemed it would be a few moments ago. Her lipstick smears across my face and her tongue sloppily tries to find it's way into my mouth. Nope. I'm done. I pull away from her, slowly back towards my car. She tries to follow me. "Oh, you wanna go to the backseat? I'll do that baby." She winks, but as I sit in the drivers seat and lock the doors, she realizes that she's not invited. She huffs and flips her hair. Attempting to make a dramatic exit, she stomps away, but her heel catches on the pavement and she stumbles. I laugh as she storms away. As I pull out my phone, I see a message from Molly.
Molly: I don't need a ride today. Go party 😊
There is no way in hell she got another ride. I wipe my face off to free it of the clumped red makeup, and pull out of the parking lot. If she wants me to party, I'll party.

"Hey Dax. What's up?"
"Is Molly here?" Her father looks at me strangely, no doubt from the fear in my eyes and the countless bruises on my face.
"No, she had told me you were giving her a ride again."
"She never showed. And she sent me a message saying she didn't need a ride." I feel a tight squeeze in my chest. This can't be happening. Did she see what happened between that girl and I? Did she think I wanted to take her somewhere? God, why was I so stupid?
"You go wait at the school in case she shows up there. I'll go look around town. Here's my number." He says, scrawling a number down on a notepad as fast as possible. His hands are shaking. "Call me if you find her." There's a pleading tone in his voice and his eyes are brimming with tears.
"We'll find her, sir. I promise." I say and he grabs my shoulder. With a nod of his head, he turns and heads out the door. I follow and head for the school. "What a party, Molly."
I'm pacing in the parking lot, trying to think of places she could be. It's nearly dark. The sun is barely on the horizon. "Damnit, Molly, where the hell are you?" I yell, feeling a wetness slide down my face. I look up, expecting rain clouds, but the sky is clear. It's...tears. I'm crying...
"D-D-Dax?" I hear a light voice near me. I spin around quickly to see Molly. She looks like she's been crying.
"Oh my god, Molly! Where were you?" I run to her and pull her into a hug and she lays her head on my shoulder. "I was so worried. Why didn't you meet me after school?" My breaths are shallow and shaky. My tears still pouring freely.
"You were...um...you were busy." She says as her eyes cast down to the ground. I shuffle my feet and sigh. I knew it.
"Molly, I honestly can't explain. I was waiting for you and she came up and we kissed and..."
"Wait, you what?" Her jaw drops. "You kissed?" Her voice gets louder. Oh no. She didn't see that part.
"Okay. We need to get you home."
"Yeah, Dax. I think we do." She says, her tone stern. She walks to my car and gets in, a slam following. I get in next to her.
"What's wrong?"
"Absolutely nothing." She gives a fake smile. Why does it bother her so much?
"Whatever you say." I say, slightly annoyed. Why does what I do bother her? It's my choice.
"I'll have my dad drive me tomorrow, so there's no need for you to pick me up."
"I'm picking you up." She turns and looks at me.
"You are not!" She pouts.
"Oh, believe me, Princess. I am." I say simply, a slight arrogance to my voice. I stop in her driveway and she jumps out, practically sprinting into her house. I just want her to come back so I can hold her. I want to wrap my arms around her and make her forget all about what happened. I pull out my phone and call her dad.
Hello?
"Hey. It's Dax."
Did you find her?
"Yes, sir. She's right here."
Oh thank god...I'll be there soon.
"Sir, I would still like to have the privilege of taking her to and from school."
Of course Dax. We both know it wasn't your fault.
I hang up and step inside.
"Your dad agrees. I'm picking you up." I laugh. She's already upstairs. "Well I'll be down here if you need me." I say so she can hear me and sit in the kitchen, waiting for her father to get home. God, what have I done?