Chapter Seventeen - New Student

I met with Justin yesterday. We talked a little bit, but then he had to go because his father was calling him. The same father that won't let him see me. Today, I'm not ready to go to school. Woke up early, put on my favorite ripped jeans, a white v-neck and my denim jacket over top. I was too lazy, so I simply brushed my hair and pulled on a beanie. No makeup today. Whats the point of trying when no one likes you anyway?

Crowded hallways, the loud chatter, the annoying teachers- school sucks. I exchanged my books and got my things for first period, hustling down the hall to get to class. More stares and whispers. Everyone is so inmature. They need to get over it. I just wanted to scream at them to grow up. I got to class with two minutes to spare until the bell. I took my seat in the back and took out my phone, plugging my earbuds into them. I put on shuffle and laid my head on the desk, some Rage Against the Machine song starting to play. I shut my eyes. Fuck the world. That's basically my thoughts while in school. Just fuck it.

I let my mind get lost in the music and the lyrics. Then my mind jumps to Justin, but I quickly pushed the thought away. Yes, when he was a wolf, he was what made me happy and excited. But that's done with now. He's a teenage boy- a gorgeous one who would never like me. I sound insane. I can't believe any of this is happening. I'm crazy. I have to be. Everyone at school thinks I'm crazy, and maybe they're right.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by my beanie being snatched off my head. I sit upright, pulling out my earbuds, my eyes going to the person standing over me. One of Marcie's friends- Emily. She has my gray beanie held between two florescent pink manicured nails, her lips bent into a smile. Her thin eyebrows arch, "This yours?"

"Yeah dumbass, you took it off my head" I go to grab it from her but her arm jerks back.

"Want it?" she's teasing me now and all I want to do is bash her in her fake little nose.

"Yeah, gimme it" I stand up in front of her.

"You-"

Before she can finish the hat vanishes from her hand. My eyes dart to see a grinning boy looking at me, holding my beanie, his beautiful brown eyes looking right to mine. A smile grows on my face.

"What the-" Emily turns and sees Justin and freezes.

He hands me my hat back, grinning, "Dem, I think this is your's."

I take it and put it back on, "Thanks Justin." I'm smiling like an idiot, but it vanishes in seconds. Justin. Is. At. My. School. My mind races. He's going to see how everyone treats me and he'll never talk to me again. Fuck.

Emily puts out her hand to Justin, "I'm Emily, you must be new."

Justin ignores her and drops into the desk next to mine.

He looks absolutely adorable. A black fitted tee, a snapback on his head backwards, light wash jeans and blue vans.

Emily storms away after muttering something.

"Justin, what are you doing here?" I sit back down in my seat, turning off the music that still played in my earbuds.

"My dad decided today would be my first day" he shrugs, sitting in his seat to face me.

I can feel eyes from all over the room on me. I'm embarrassing him. Oh my God.

"Justin... you shouldn't talk to me" I look away from him, my heart beating hard.

"Why?" he raises his thick eyebrows.

"You're embarrassing yourself" I state simply, my voice growing quiet since it seems more than half the class is listening in by now.

Before he can answer the teacher is in the room, "Good morning class!" his eyes go to Justin, "Ah! Here's our new student! Step up to the plate young man."

Justin gets up, cool and collected as ever, and walks up in front of the class as he's told. All eyes are on him. Girls look at him like he's the last guy on Earth, their eyes wide and hungry. And guys look at him in envy.

I officially have no chance. Yay me. Every girl in school is gonna be all over him.

The teacher must've asked him to introduce himself because he speaks up, "I'm Justin, I just transferred schools from Northbrook."

I bet he was popular there too.

What was I thinking.

I'm crazy, remember?