My Amazing Songwriter (Niall)

"Go 2 ur window." The message crossed my phone's screen. I smiled and opened my bedroom window. There was my boyfriend Niall, standing in a patch of moonlight, strumming his guitar.

"What are you doing?" I called down, laughing.

"Hey there, my princess, I want you to know I love you. You're the best girl I could have, and I just think that you're amazing, yes I do. No one is prettier than you, I swear it's true," he sang, to the tune of 'Hey There, Delilah'.

"No, stop," I said, blushing furiously. His blond hair glinted in the dim light.

"Open the door!" he called. I ran down the stairs, as quietly as I could because my parents and stepbrother were sleeping, and unlocked the front door.

"Hi, Niall," I said, kissing him. I took his hand and led him upstairs. He dropped his guitar on my beanbag chair and crawled onto my bed.

"Come here," he said, smiling devilishly. I collapsed next to him, and he wrapped his muscular arms around him.

"Harry got so many tattoos. Why didn't you get any?" I asked, referring to his former band mate.

"I thought it was pointless. I mean, why get tattoos when I could write music," he said, burying his face in my hair. I rolled over so we were nose-to-nose.

"You always say the right thing," I muttered.

He smiled broadly. "I couldn't have gotten with you otherwise," he said, wrapping his arms around me. I nestled into his chest and fell asleep.

(:0:)

"Kelsi, wake up." Someone nudged me and I felt Niall's soft, warm breath in my hair. I turned to see my raven-haired stepbrother grinning at me.

"Chris, go away," I said.

"Mom and Dad are going to be so mad," he said in a singsong voice. I punched him in the arm.

"You need to get OUT OF MY ROOM," I demanded. I roused Niall, who looked at me with wide, sleepy eyes.

"Oh, hi Chris," he said. He looked at my clock. "It's 4 in the morning. Why am I awake?"

"You should go, my parents love you and all, but they'll be mad if they see you here," I explained. Chris scampered out of my room. Niall rubbed his eyes and stood up.

"Okay, I'll go, but I'll be back at... 10? Does that work?" he asked, tugging on his shoes. He yawned and stretched, then grabbed his guitar.

"Are you really leaving without a kiss?" I asked. He shook his head and grabbed me around the waist. He pressed his warm, soft lips against mine, and then he was gone. I heard footsteps pattering down the steps and the door opened and closed gently.

Chris poked his messy bed head into my room. "He's gone?"

I nodded and ran my hand through my honey hair. "Yep. But he will be back."

"And who's to say I won't tell Mom and Dad about what happened?" he said. Blackmailer.

"Nothing happened, but you're a liar, so I will give you $20 to keep your big mouth shut," I bribed. He shrugged and left.

I curled on my bed and fell asleep again.

(:0:)

"Kelsi! Get up, your boyfriend is here," my mom said, shaking me. I shot up.

"Okay, I'm up," I said. My mom shook her head and left. I brushed my knotted hair and pulled on a black tank top over a pair of pale pink shorts.

"Come on!" my dad yelled. I pulled on a pair of ratty black Converse and ran down the stairs. Niall was still wearing the gray shirt and jeans from last night.

"Okay, we're going to go. Bye, Mr. and Mrs. Andrews!" Niall said, pulling me by the hand out the door.

"Bye, guys! Be back eventually!" I called. I slid into the passenger seat of his car.

"Good morning, beautiful!" he said, kissing me.

"Hi, baby," I said. He pulled out of my driveway and took off down the street. "Where are we going so urgently?"

"Somewhere. I'll give you a hint- it involves swimming and cold water," he grinned.

"To the beach?" I asked. He nodded and I squealed excitedly. "You do have my swim suit, right?"

"Obviously," he said, shaking his head. "It's like you think I'm stupid or something."

"Overreact much?" I teased. We pulled into a perfect spot, right by the beach. I crawled into the back. "Don't look." Niall looked away as I pulled of my clothes and donned my black bikini and white flip-flops.

"You done yet?" he asked. I jumped out of the back of the car, holding my towel.

"Hurry up, slowpoke!" I said. He jumped out of the car and we raced to the sand.