4

Emily arrived home from school, she opened the mailbox and took out all the envelopes

Emily arrived home from school, she opened the mailbox and took out all the envelopes. She walked up the door as she flipped through the large stack while mumbling, "Dad... Dad... Dad..." She stopped on a envelope with her name handwritten on the center simply saying Emily with her address below it.

She took her keys out of her coat pocket and unlocked the door. She went in, shut the door and sat down on the couch. She tossed the rest of the mail onto the coffee table and opened up the letter for her.

She unfold the lined paper and kicked off her sneakers.

Dear Emily,
I really hope I memorized your address correctly.
Anywho, after a month of doing so, I've found myself finally being comfortable and situated in Quebec City. Toronto didn't end up being for me. Although, here in Quebec I'm surrounded by French speaking people who rarely speak English, but on the bright side, I'm learning French.
This may sound strange, but I can't stop thinking about you and I've been using you for inspiration for my music. If you will, you are my muse. Just thinking of you, inspires me to write. I hope you're not finding this strange. Would you send a picture of yourself? My image of you is fading and I can't let my muse slip from my mind. Without my muse, there'd be no music from me.
Might I add, the songs about you are the most beautiful I have ever written.
Signed,
River.

Emily went upstairs to her room and sat at her desk. She opened the drawer and pulled out a good pen and a sheet of smooth lilac paper. She thought of what to write for a moment as she tapped the pen against the desk in her left hand. She smiled as the words just came to her.

Dear River,
I think that's beautiful. I'm honored to be your muse.
I'm glad to know that you're safe and comfortable in Quebec, but why didn't Toronto work for you?
I'd also love to hear the song you wrote, I can only imagine how beautiful it is. I absolutely need a copy of it, preferably live and acoustic.
Write me soon,
Emily

Emily fold up the letter into three before opening up one of her photo albums and taking out one of the photos of herself. She took a paper clip from her drawer and clipped the photo to the letter.

With the pen and letter in her hand, she went downstairs to the kitchen and rummaged through the drawers for an envelope. She slipped the the letter into one, sealed it shut. She went into the living room and took the envelope from River, she wrote down his name & address in the center and her own in the corner.