3

River walked around Emily's room as she was downstairs

River walked around Emily's room as she was downstairs. He found a photo album sitting on her book shelf. He grabbed it and sat down on the floor in front of one of the beds. He opened up the book, flipping through baby pictures and family photos of Emily, her dad and her brother.

Emily walked in with a towel and soap for River in her hands. She saw the book in River's hand and sat down beside him. "That's my mom." She said, softly as he examined the black and white photo.

"She looks just like you."

"She didn't think so... She swore that my father and I are like twins."

He point to the photo of her father, "him?" She nod her head. River looked at the picture of her father and back at Emily, multiple times. "I see similarities, but nothing like twins."

"That's what I say." He flipped through the album and Emily looked along, she hadn't been through it in years. She looked down at her lap as picture of her brother came up. "Oh... I, uh, brought a towel and soap for your shower."

He closed the album and thanked her. He got up and put the album away before Emily showed him the way to the bathroom. She went back into her room and went through her bookshelf for more photo albums. She flipped through the pages for pictures of her and her mother. She could only find four pictures of the two of them together. She placed the four photos onto her desk before putting the album away.

River came back in fully clothed with wet hair, he dried it with the towel. He let out a big yawn and sat down on her spare bed, "I really appreciate this, Emily." She sat down on her bed and smiled at him.

Emily woke up at 9 the next morning

Emily woke up at 9 the next morning. She sat up in her bed with her legs crossed before looking around the room. She looked at the spare bed, it was neatly made and River was gone. She sighed and got up out of bed, noticing a note neatly placed on the pillow.

Dear Emily,
I just wanted to thank you one last time for letting me stay in a real bed for the first time in long time. Sorry for not saying it in person, but I had to get an early start in the day if I wanted to make it somewhere near the border. Maybe one day, we could catch up once I find myself settled in Toronto.
Thanks again.
River.
P.S. I stole the bar of soap, it smelt really nice.

She softly chuckled as she fold up the letter and walked over to her desk. She unlocked the drawer and placed the letter inside. It would be a reminder of the boy she came in contact with on cold Saturday night and allowed him to stay the night.

 It would be a reminder of the boy she came in contact with on cold Saturday night and allowed him to stay the night

River sat on the bus to Canada with the girl with the dark hair on his mind. Her name rang in his mind since he left the doors.

Emily. Emily. Emily.

He even liked just writing her name down paper. Her face would never fade from her mind.

Who could forget a girl like her? Kind and beautiful, talkative and generous. River thought. Sure enough, I'd be the last person she'd ever think of. Just the thought of a boy who snuck into her garage and she took in for a night.

Little did River know.