Ch 52. It Has Begun

Start from the beginning

"Do it now! You all, except of fat boy has to stay in shape for the movie! If you don't want to drop your roles go and run now!" That made them run because everyone wanted to be a part of the movie and wanted to join the show business.

It was fine with me since I run a lot. I finished up really fast and Carter was surprised seeing me run a lap that fast. It was normal speed to me... I noticed that Darrén was really slow and I thought he was a fast runner since he works out a lot. I was on my 7th lap and saw Darrén.

"How many laps?" he asked.

"7th." I answered quickly. He seemed surprised.

"That's fast man!"

"How about you?"

"5th." he smiled and took off. That was surprising. He was slowest. I shrugged it off and kept running. I was finally on the last one. Darrén was right behind me so we small talked while running. And then I got to hear that he was also on the last one. Now that you mentioned it I've seen him run past me for some times... No! I want to be first! I sprinted as fast as I could.

I want to get praised by Carter! I wonder what he'll do... Haha. But in the end Darrén made it. Just a second before me. Carter was making a really big deal out of this so he even put up one of those strings and Darrén was the one to tear it down. I cursed so much but Carter was still proud.

"How the hell did you do?!" I panted. He grinned.

"The longer I run, the faster I get." he smiled with a wide grin. What the hell... "So..." he interrupted my cursing inside my head. "You're fine with it?"

"With what?" I said, feeling like an idiot for not getting what he meant.

"With me liking...-"

"Oh, of course jackass!" I laughed. It's just a crush!

"Good... Because you really act like nothing happened but it's good since it's not awkward between us." he stuttered between his words. He always do that and it's just so cute sometimes. But he's kind of exaggerating since it's just a crush... I can understand that he's in love with Ambreal but he's making a real fat deal of it. We sat down with a comfortable silent air surrounding us and just listened to the nature. Many came and they were on about their 5th lap so we had time to kill. But it was good enough just sitting here and rest. I saw Tom sometimes and he waved like a fool but then after another lap he tried talking to us but Carter shooed him off. Slowly, and I mean really slow - our classmates ran through the line Darrén teared apart. They were panting like they had asthma and just ran 20 feet. The first one to come was Tom

"Nice done." I congratulated him and gave him my fist. He couldn't even talk but tried to between his panting.

"Relax dude, it's not like someone is dying you rest now okay?" I chuckled and Darrén joined me laughing at him.

"I- I never come first for these stuff... I'm always in the middle but this time I had to rush over here and Carter wouldn't let me talk to you until I finished..."

"What is the big deal?" Darrén said. Tom wiped off sweat running down his chin before answering.

"Emíne got pushed into the water."

"What?!" Darrén yelled and scared off the birds. That could be compared to Carters beast voice.

"What about it?" I shrugged.

"She can't swim!" he screamed and grabbed my wrist running with his fastest speed. It wasn't that fast but I got up my speed.

"Darn this being slow in beginning!" he muttered and tried harder to get fast without result. I chuckled but knew this wasn't a situation where I could laugh. I came through the woods and felt the sea breeze. Then I saw something splashing around and knew she was there. Before I could jump in Darrén did. He saved her and got her up. She coughed up some water, but she wasn't conscious.