Chapter 9 The prettiest thing (Logan's P.O.V.)

As we reach home, Nessie and Dinah decide to go to their room and relax. I go to the living room and sit next to my sister.

"Is Nessie ok?" she asks, looking in my eyes.

"Yes, Pres," I reply. "It wasn't anything serious."

Presley starts laughing.

"She didn't take it well, did she?" I hear her say. "You're lucky you could make things right then, big bro."

I roll my eyes at her.

"Very funny," I say. "So mum told you..."

"Yes, she did," dad comes in. "I must say your first aid course paid off."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I shrug my shoulders.

"Oh, Presley, I'm going to the mall. Wanna come with me?" he asks my sister.

"Yay, let's go!" Presley jumps up and they both leave the house.

I sit there alone, thinking of everything that happened. First conversation with the girls, dinner, walk to the park with Nessie, our conversation on BTR and me causing her to faint... She's so cute. She really looked like a Sleeping Beauty waiting for her Prince Phillip to kiss her... And I am her number one...

I snap out of my thoughts as my mum enters the room.

"What was that?" she asks me.

"What was what?" I say, surprised.

My mum takes a seat next to me.

"The look in your eyes when you stared at Nessie," mum replies.

I blush instantly.

"Oh... Nothing, really," I try to say it carelessly.

"Logie, you shouldn't pretend you don't care about her. I see it. The way you look at her shows it all."

"Does it really show... This much?" I ask, my voice slightly shaking. "I don't wanna the girls notice it. At least not now. I'm not ready. Plus, what would Dinah think? So complicated..."

"I'm sure she would be happy for her friend," mum say.

"How can you tell..." I mumble.

"When you and Nessie were out, I got to know Dinah better. She wouldn't be jealous," mum smiles.

"What should I do then?" I ask shyly.

"First tell me, what are your feelings towards Nessie?" I hear a question in response.

"What can I say? She's beautiful, unusual, the prettiest thing..." I reply with words from one of the songs we sang with the guys.

"So go and talk to her," mum advises me, caressing my hand.

"I'll go and talk to both Dinah and Nessie. I think I should get to know them better before I figure out my feelings. Thanks, mama," I smile, then get up and approach the stairs slowly.