Epilogue

Skyla's P.O.V

Five years later:

She looked at me with her brown eyes and smiled ever so sweetly at me. “So, tell me, how did you and Mr. Crow meet?” The reporter, which was looking at me, asked as she leaned forward in her chair.

I felt the overhead light start to beam down on me, causing my nerves to go into overdrive. I pushed past the nausea I was having and once again realized that this was the first interview I have ever done. Sebastian told me over and over again that I didn’t have to do it. Yet, I knew that if I didn’t take up this interview offer that people might get the wrong idea of me. It was time to let everyone know who I was, after all, in the five years I’ve been dating Sebastian, only rumors of me and who I was have been released to the public. No one has even gotten to get a look at me, and I knew it was time... “I was in the library reading a book during lunch time, like always. Sebastian came over and comment on the book I was reading. We talked about my book and other books for hours, missing all of our class. When we noted it was getting late, he asked me out on a date...”

“Did you say yes?” She asked with a smile.

“I don’t know if I would be here if I didn’t,” I simply told her.

Sebastian had warned me not to say anything about Jack or hint about all the stuff that happened with him. The press, in his words “would have a field day with it.”

Chuckling the reporter, continued. “So, what was it like meeting Prince Sebastian’s parents for the first time?”

“Well, for me it was nerve racking. I mean it wasn’t an everyday thing for me back then to be in the presence of a King and Queen, let alone my boyfriend’s parents.”

“I bet it was,” she commented. “Now, Skyla -- is it alright if I call you that?” She politely asked.

“Oh, yes, that is fine.”

“Alright. Now, Skyla, I’ve been informed that your father passed away a year ago. Is that right?”

I tried to keep my emotions in control as I nodded. “Yes, he died a year ago from a car accident.”

“Now, I’ve also been told that before the wreck you weren’t on speaking terms with your parents.”

“No, I wasn’t it,” I stated.

“Why was that?” She pressed on.

I knew this was one of the many thing I shouldn’t tell her, so I just shrugged her off with a simple reply. “Mutual differences … but after my father’s death, my mother and I got back in touch. We talk everyday now…”

“Oh! That is good! So, now humor me, how did you find out that you’re Prince Dean’s twin.”

I gulped. This was a topic that I was sore with due to the fact that I just found out a week ago. Of course, when I found out I was in a fit of anger towards Sebastian and Dean for hiding it, but I forgave Sebastian very quickly. As for Dean, I still was trying to wrap my brain around how he could keep such a thing from me. “Uhhh, I found out by over hearing a conversation between Sebastian and Prince Dean,” the words slipped out of my mouth. I knew the second I said what I said, that it was a mistake. Not that what I said wasn’t the truth, but the fact at what I just said was the truth was the problem  because I just made Dean and Sebastian look like two guys that are low-down liars.

“Oh, really?” The reporter was smiling as if she just found the story of the century.

“Yes, but it was a conversation that they were having was not about keeping the whole twin thing a secret,” I lied with ease. “It was them plotting to tell me.”