Steve's (Sebastian's) P.O.V - What Was Not Planned

Sebastian's P.O.V

“Maybe we should go to the airport. Just watch and make sure they get in the plane.” I suggested as I looked at the dashboard to see that Skyla and Daniel were going to take off in about twenty minutes. I knew that I’d make it to the airport in time if Dean would just allow me too.

“Dude, no. If you make the slightest change to our plans you know damn well that Jack might get smart and know that something is wrong…” Dean proclaimed as he took off his sandals and propped his feet up on the dashboard.

“Get your feet off there!” I demanded as I started to feel really angry at myself for deciding it would be best if I didn’t go with Skyla. Part of me screamed that Daniel’s plan was better, but another part of me was saying I had to be the one to kill Jack. I had to be the one to see the light leave his eyes and know that he is dead for good.

“Please tell me that you are not becoming mushy on me,” Dean stated as he looked over at me from the passenger’s seat.

“What?” I questioned as I wiggled a little in my place.

“I can see it in your eyes. You’re leaking this regret that you’re not with her. Honestly, I say you kill this guy and then you and I go to the Paris and find some hot chicks. Have a repeat of your seventeenth birthday.”

“Dean … You do realize that I’m not that guy anymore. I don’t understate why, but the thought of getting drunk and waking up next to some woman that I don’t know … doesn’t really peak my interest anymore.

“I don’t believe you,” Dean spoke as he looked out his passenger window. “Just a matter of a few months ago, you would have ladies clinging to your arm. Then, you’d screw each one of them-“

“Stop, Dean. I really rather leave my past, in the past … I am in-“

“In love. I know, you keep saying that every freaking second of the day. I just … I can’t seem to wrap my brain around why this girl has changed you. She seems … so ordinary…”

“That in itself is extraordinary.”

“I can’t be in a car with you if you are going to pull those cheesy lines. I seriously think that you need to get over this chick. She is changing you…”

Sighing, I shook my head at Dean. “She is not changing me-“

“Yes! She is! This is not you! The Sebastian I know wouldn’t be swooning over a girl! He would be making girls swoon over him! You can’t sit there and say that she is not changing you. This Skyla girl has turned you from Sebastian Crow to some guy that rather stay home on a Friday then go clubbing.”

“You don’t understand Dean, she is not changing me. I’m changing myself! Skyla doesn’t deserve the Sebastian Crow you know. She deserves a guy that will not walk out on her before the sun comes up. Skyla doesn’t need a guy that will use her then toss her away like yesterday’s trash.”

“Sebastian, you think in a matter of a few weeks you can change who you are? You will relapse, and you will hurt her…”

“You know, fuck you Dean!” I shouted as I stepped on the gas pedal some more.

Dean inhaled and exhaled through his nose before crossing his hands over his chest. “Sorry … I was out of line…”

“Damn straight you were … Why did you help?”

“What do you mean?” He quizzed.

“You know she is changing me. It seems like you hate her. So, why did you decide that you were going to help kill Jack?”

“I don’t hate Skyla. She is weird, yes, and I think she is not the girl for you … but I don’t hate her. As for why I’m helping … that is really none of your damn business,” Dean stated as he looked at me with intense eyes.

Focusing back on the road after getting a glimpse of his stone cold glare, I shifted once more in my seat. “Touchy, touchy,” I muttered under my breath.

“What did you say? Couldn’t hear you,” Dean said. I could hear as smirk playing on his lips as he spoke.

Rolling my eyes, I choose not to reply to him. “How many more miles till we reach our destination?” I inquired.

“I dunno, let me see.” Dean leaned down and picked up his white backpack from the floorboard. I heard him unzip it and rummage through the bag. Pulling out something that I figured was the map, he started to click his tongue, which was a sign that he was thinking. “If I’m right, you are going to take the next right … which I think will be in about six miles or so. After that it is a straight shot to-“

The sound of my phone ringing cut Dean off his explanations of where we were going. Deciding that I knew where we were going, I reached in my cup holder and picked up my phone. Without even checking the caller I.D, I answered the pending call. “Hello?”

“Hey, Buddy. It is Jack, you know, Jack Linen.”

My body went rigid. “What the hell do you want?”

“Me, I want nothing. No, you see … I have everything I’ve ever wanted,” Jack said with satisfaction leaking in his voice.

My foot eased from the gas pedal as I started to become slightly panicked as to why he seemed so happy. I was about to ask what he meant when I heard the muffled sound of someone screaming.

“Hear that, Mr. Crow? That is that sound of the beautiful Skyla Ruth-“

My hands tightened on the steering wheel as I made a u-turn and started heading back to town.  “I’m not going to blink when I kill you,” I began to speak with nothing but the truth, yet Jack cut me off.

“If you didn’t have a thing for Skyla, we might actually be friends. I find you interesting Mr. Crow.  But, we do have that unfortunate problem of liking the same girl … Listen, I have some respect for you, so I will let you talk to Skyla for twenty seconds. After that, I hang up and resume my business here with Skyla … sound good?”

I was about to yell at Jack but I heard a panted breath. “Seb-Sebastian?”

I pressed on the brake and rested my head on the steering wheel as I felt my eyes water up. “Skyla-“

“I-I-I love you,” she spoke with the weakest voice I have ever heard.

“Skyla, I love you. I will find you-“

“Daniel – D-aniel, find Daniel,” Skyla started to rant on and on about Daniel and honestly he wasn’t the one I was worried about.

“I will find him, just please Skyla understand that I love you more than-“

“Five more seconds!” Jack’s voice was heard from the other side.

“I love-“

“Four!” Jack hollered.

“You, Skyla,” I stated.

“Three!”

“I love you-“

“Two!”

“Too,” Skyla proclaimed.

“One! Times up!” With that said the phone clicked off.