Understanding

Skyla’s P.O.V

After the wonderful, utterly blissful kiss Sebastian suggested that he take me home. However, even in my drunken state, I knew that that wouldn’t be the wisest idea if he drove me home seeing that he was intoxicated too. Sebastian then offered to call a cab, an idea that I quickly shot down.

“Well, do you have an idea of how you’re gonna get home?” He inquired.

Taking Sebastian by the hand, I led him through the now deserted condo. A few kicks of solo cups on the floor and a couple seconds of walking, I reached our destination.

“Skyla,” Sebastian started to say, but I looked at him.

“I do not want to sleep with you, Goofy. Trust me. I’m not completely ready to make that kind of commitment with you. Not that I don’t love you and expect to be with you ... but-”

“I understand,” he replied as we just stood outside of his bedroom door. “It’s locked,” he informed me before digging in his pockets. Within a few moments, he was unlocking the door. Swinging it open wide, he walked in.

I stood at the doorway, looking at his room. Nothing had changed since the last time I was in here. It was still very neatly cleaned with green walls and very high tech appliances scattered throughout the room.

Reaching out, Sebastian grabbed my hand. He lifted it up and kissed my knuckles. “I do love you. You know that, right?”

Walking in, I moved so that our bodies were pressing up against each other. “Explain the reasoning behind what you were attempting to do tonight.”

“I-I ... I had a talk with Dean and he convinced me that you would get hurt if you were to join my world. I believe him, even now ... but, I can’t stay away from you Skyla...”

Giving a nod, I looked straight into his eyes. “I don’t forgive you,” I honestly told him.

He gave me a pure shocked expression before noticeably gulping and giving me a short nod. “I understand...”

“I hope you don’t just understand that I’m mad at you but you also comprehend the reasons as to why I’m mad at you. There is a difference, you know?”

“I know there is. I get that you’re mad at me and the reasons are that I allowed Dean to let doubt completely consume me.”

“And...”

“And?”

I sighed and yanked my hand out from his grasp. Walking over to the opposite side of the room, I stood beside his chestier drawers. Turning so I faced Sebastian, I gave a half smile. “I saw the picture of you and red-head kissing...”

Sebastian sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Skyla-”

“Honestly, I don’t want to hear it, Sebastian,” I spoke in the most level headed voice I could summon. “Listen, I’m a fool for standing here, I get it. If Rosia finds out, which she will, that I didn’t kick you in the privates and walk out of here, she’d murder me. It’s sad to say that I don’t blame her if she tried to strangle me because I am a stupid, silly girl for being in your presence.  What I am saying is, when a guy does what you did to me, she should break up with him.” I firmly spoke to Sebastian before tears started to spill out of my eyes. “But ... but ... I can’t,” I choked out. “I can’t leave here ... I-I can-can’t break up with you!”

Walking straight over to me, Sebastian tried to pull me into a hug, but I pushed him away.

“No! You -- You need to hear this! You need to see what you have done to m-me! You broke my heart, Sebastian. Y-you rip-ripped it out of my chest -- crushed it, stumped on it and left it! And as I stand here, I want you to see me cry! I want you to know that if you ever and by golly I mean ever, do this to me again you’ll never get another chance! Do you understand that, I mean really understand that?!” Wiping my teary eyes, I stared at Sebastian and for the first time in my life I saw a man humble himself in front of me and start to cry.