Steve's (Sebastian's) P.O.V - The Dog House

Steve’s (Sebastian’s) P.O.V

The car could not drive any faster down the gravel road as I raced in the direction of Skyla’s parent’s home. I had an undying feeling that that was where she was as of this very moment.

Holding the steering wheel so tight that my knuckle went white, I thought about all the things I would do to her parents if they even touched one blonde hair of hers. Knowing I was taught never to touch a woman, I considered her mom to be an exception. I mean who in their right mind dares to hurt a child, especially their own. Guess they thought they would get away with it ... chuckling, I thought about how they won’t this, final, time.

Soon, Rosia, who was sitting beside me, pointed to another gravel road that was coming up on my right. “That looks like the mailbox from Aunt Edie’s pictures.”

Making a hard turn, I pulled into the road. Slowing down, I saw that we had not turned into a road but a driveway. The car eased up behind a red pickup truck, which had most definitely seen better days. I glanced over at the trailer that was on my left. “You think this is where she lives? It looks like a dog house,” I commented.

“I think my dog has a bigger doggie house than that,” Rosia stated as she craned her neck forward to get a better look of the trailer.

Suddenly the plastic door to the trailer opened up and I saw a man in his mid-forties walk out. He held the door open and it was then that I saw Skyla walk out of the trailer.

I held everything inside of me not to kick the man’s ass as I hopped out of the car and saw that Skyla’s hands were tied together.

Neither of them noticed me until I slammed my driver’s door with fury coursing in my veins.

“Steve,” I heard Skyla breath with a small smile teasing her lips.

“Who the Hell are you?! This is private property!” The man exclaimed as he flailed his arms around in dramatics.

“Who am I? Well, I am your freaking nightmare,” I informed him as I marched over to him. Without even blinking, I punched the man square in the face.

He stumbled back and cupped his nose. Withdrawing his hands from his nose the man glared at his hand before looking up at me. The sun cast down on his face, creating a shadow over his eyes, but I saw the anger he was trying to throw at me with his eyes. “You son of a bitch,” he remarked before wiping the blood that was trickling out of his nose.

I went to advance towards the man, to give him another personal meeting with my fist, but he reached out and yanked Skyla in front of him. I watched helplessly as he pulled out something from his pocket and placed it on her throat. Looking at him, I saw it was a small switch blade and it was barely touching her neck, but I could see the threat behind his actions.

“Don’t you dare make a move towards me. Each time you even twitch, I will cut her. Don't worry I won’t do it too hard, need her alive.”

“Why?” I asked the man who had already died a thousand times in my mind.

Smiling, he sighed. “You’ve no business knowing my reasons, Boy. Now, enough chit-chat, move your car and allow me to pass. If you don’t, I will cut her and don’t for one second doubt me.”

“She is your daughter,” I commented.

Releasing a loud, rolling laugh the man cocked his head back before looking back at me. “She is indeed, but I need what Jack Linen is willing to offer for her.”

“What do you mean?” I questioned as I tried to comprehend exactly what her father wanted from her.

The man before me shagged in defeat. “You are a dense child! Money! Jack Linen is going to offer me money and a clearance of my debt.”

“Why? Why does he want her?”

“I dunno, fancies her I guess. Now, really, this small talk is wasting my precious time. Move your car, now and that is not a question, but a demand.”

“I will give you triple what he is offering you, if you release her.”

The man looked at me as if I had grown five heads and two tails. “You? You are going to offer me triple what he is willing to give me. I haven’t even told you what he is giving me.”

“I don’t care. Whatever the number, I will triple it,” I honestly spoke. “Yet, if you take my offer you and your wife are never, in a million years allowed to ever step foot in Skyla’s life.”

“But she is my daughter,” he stated with a smile playing at the edges of his lips.

“That is debatable. Now, are you going to agree to my terms or are we going to have an issue?”

Sizing me up for a second, the man without warning took the knife off of Skyla’s neck and softened his hardball expression. Putting the blade back in his pocket, the man kept a hold of her ropes that were binding her two arms. “One hundred thousand dollars,” the man spoke after a long minute. “That is triple and then some for the request to stay out of her life.

I tried not to chuckle as his request was like play money for me. “Okay, I can have it transferred into your bank account by noon tomorrow.”

The man gave a short nod. “Deal, but Skyla stays with me until I have the money in my account.”

Looking over my shoulder I saw Rosia was standing behind me. She and I had a silent conversation with our eyes. It was then that I knew what had to be done and I could see Rosia was thinking the same thing. “Hope you have room in that dog house for two more people, because I am not leaving here without Skyla.”

“Sorry, Boy, but that is not going to happen-”

“That wasn’t a question, but a demand,” I firmly stated to him.