Stuck With You

Ang saya lang nagtweet si Meng about Coldplay the day after pinili ko ang Fix You as the song ng story na to <3

I'm so tempted to cast Jake Ejercito as Marco because of today's episode, since mukha siyang executive. Ako lang ba, or kahit kanino ipair si Maine, bagay :( (still Team Richard though) Anyway, any thoughts? (or suggestions of possible guys lol) Suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Happy reading!

===========

Maine leaned on the wall outside Alden's apartment, sighing. She looked at her watch, getting impatient by the second. She warmed her hands with her breath, rubbing them against each other repeatedly as she waited for the two. Cold was seeping in her bones, and the two boys were still inside, taking too long. This was not how she pictured her first morning back in New York.

She pictured a Richard-less morning, eating bacon and eggs with Matthew at a diner, and window shopping after. She had researched about the place yesterday, and she had prepared to take Matthew to the local ice skating rink and teach him (and herself) how to skate. Then when night comes, they'll roam around the place and discover what kind of street food they have.

But no. Matthew decided to turn back and invite his father to breakfast. She tried to stop him, but Matthew reminded her that she told him she would give time for him to talk to Alden, but Maine hadn't given him a chance since they left immediately. So she agreed that they could eat breakfast with Alden. Unlike Alden, Maine wanted to be true to her words.

Hindi katulad mo, puro pangako, hindi naman tinutupad.

She remembered Alden's marriage vow clearly in her head. He had vowed for many things that day, a lengthy list of things he would do for her and things that he would be: a loving father, a caring husband a faithful partner, to name some.

But that was not the highlight of his vow. These promises, Maine thought, were only added bonuses to Alden's biggest promise.

"..Madaming problema at hindi pagkakaintindihan ang dadating sa atin Maine. Yan daw ang buhay mag-asawa eh." Everyone laughed. He smiled, readjusting her hand on his. Maine mouthed a quick "I love you" before he continued. "May mga oras na gugustuhin nating sumuko at bumitiw. Pero tandaan mo. Ipinapangako kong hindi kita iiwan. Anuman ang mangyari, ikaw, ako, tayong dalawa lang."

Maine rubbed her face, trying to erase the memory from her mind. Every word, every loving glance, every touch and every promise made that day were still vivid for her. She may have accepted the harsh reality that Alden was not for her and she already moved on, but it didn't mean she would forget about him.

Because she had also accepted the fact that she will always remember everything about him, forever.

Maine's thoughts were disturbed as soon as she heard Alden and Matthew leave the apartment. Alden locked the door, swinging the keys on his finger, his other arm around his son. He had a coat on his arm, and he handed it to her.

"Para saan to?" She looked at the coat without taking it. He shrugged.

"Ewan ko, hindi ka ba nilalamig?" He asked her, a look of concern in his face.

She shook her head, ignoring the coat and the fact that he knew her too well. She was freezing, but Maine was too proud at that moment to accept the fact that Alden knew the meaning of her every move. She headed downstairs, leaving the two boys to jog behind her.

The little family crossed the street, heading to the diner just across. Alden jogged ahead of Maine to lead the way, opening the door for them and letting them in first.

Exes (An Aldub/MaiChard Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara