Prologue

Severus Snape

The weather matched my feelings, there was storm coming but it hadn't come quite yet. It was as if there was something in the air holding off the storm - to me it felt like some window of hope. Hope that she'd be alright, that everyone would somehow be alright but like the threatening storm, I knew in my core that it would be impossible for her to have lived but I chose to cling to the hope everything that I had.

I crept into the Potter's house right as the storm was going to hit, anxiety ran through me. I called out each of their names receiving no answer, I gulped and a flash of what might've happened plagued my thoughts but I continued searching the house, hoping and praying.

Treading lightly up the set of stairs my eyes widened in horror at the picture in front of me. James Potter lying on the ground limp and dead, I held my breath and walked faster to the child's bedroom praying that Lily had at least lived. I cried out for her Lily but my voice and body stopped short as I peered in through the door and saw my worst nightmare become reality.

Lily Evans, the woman I loved throughout my whole life, a fresh corpse right in of me and her son sat in his crib untouched, except a little scar on his forehead. My whole body collapsed to the ground next to her but I couldn't feel my knees hit the ground. Tears recklessly fell from my cheeks as I gathered her dead body into my arms and rocked her gently as I and her son cried. In the midst of the pain I recalled countless memories of us together when we were children then later when we were teenagers. I recalled how I loved her and how I hurt her but still loved her. I begged the universe to bring her back to me but was stopped by a different crying. It was like her son's endless crying but it was older and lighter, I needed to investigate, What if it's Voldemort or some kind of death eater trap? Surely I would have known about it.

Gingerly, I set Lily back onto the floor and I slowly got up from off of the floor, raising my wand just in case it had been a trap. Creeping closer to the closet door I extended my arm and swung it open as fast as I could and pointed my wand at a little girl with hair darker than a Raven's wing and her eyes, her eyes brought tears of sorrow to my own eyes. The child's eyes I could recognize them anywhere; they were Lily Evans's eyes, this was her child but it didn't make any sense. Lily and James only had one child, the boy crying in the crib. Harry Potter. The little girl had her arms wrapped around her legs, crying rivers of tears. I then realized who this child belonged too, I didn't know why I didn't think of it in the first place she had to be no older than 3 because this child was in fact Lily's but she was also my child.